Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duran, Arcel, Brown and the new movie.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one have any idea why the release date keeps getting pushed back. I still struggle with the fact usher and the actor playing duran are not the correct height

Comment

Theres truths in everyones comments to a degree. Men like Ali & Duran after they established themselves called their own shots and did the majority of the "training" themselves. Dundee and Arcel outlined and suggested the inner workings and would evaluate their fighters as they approached fight time. They ran the corners and they evaluated the opponent and set up the fight plan.
      No one knew what they needed to do more than themselves.
      After the second Leonard fight Duran was really out there on his own as far as readiness. Arcel & Brown never took any BS from fighters, they were serious men who knew their craft and didn't take any crap from anyone, as it should be. The old saying still remains, "fire the trainer off the loss, and congrates to the fighter after the win"!!!! Every trainer knows how it falls and its never a "thank you" job.
      Funny when I used to take care of the "trial horses" from Conn. they were the most honest and thank full guys. They knew their jobs and respected me for trying to keep them safe and able to go to work the next week or month.
      Most of the big names I knew got ;lost in their ego's except men like Saad he was an original unlike any other. A gentleman warrior.
      Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Theres truths in everyones comments to a degree. Men like Ali & Duran after they established themselves called their own shots and did the majority of the "training" themselves. Dundee and Arcel outlined and suggested the inner workings and would evaluate their fighters as they approached fight time. They ran the corners and they evaluated the opponent and set up the fight plan.
        No one knew what they needed to do more than themselves.
        After the second Leonard fight Duran was really out there on his own as far as readiness. Arcel & Brown never took any BS from fighters, they were serious men who knew their craft and didn't take any crap from anyone, as it should be. The old saying still remains, "fire the trainer off the loss, and congrates to the fighter after the win"!!!! Every trainer knows how it falls and its never a "thank you" job.
        Funny when I used to take care of the "trial horses" from Conn. they were the most honest and thank full guys. They knew their jobs and respected me for trying to keep them safe and able to go to work the next week or month.
        Most of the big names I knew got ;lost in their ego's except men like Saad he was an original unlike any other. A gentleman warrior.
        Ray
        great post Ray. Egos and fame sometimes get in the way of the greats retaining there performance level due to destructive behaviors. Although boxing is one on one as far as the combatants it should be considered a team sport in the sense that a manager should have his fighters best interests in mind and a trainer is as important as any coach in sports. He supervises conditioning both mental and physical formulates a game plan and offers coaching as the match it self is going on. A very underrated part of the success of fighters.

Comment

Working...
        X