No announcement yet.

hardest heavyweight puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuzieQ49
    your a disagrace to ali fans. im a huge ali fan by the way, but ur beyond insanity.
    i'm a disgrace to ali fans? why, cause i hurt your little feelings when i tell the truth about marciano? lol. suzie q, be quiet, cause right now your talking non-sense.

Comment

Foreman had more force behind his punches but he was basically knocking people out by hitting them in the face and side of the head, he rarely even hit them on the chin. His power was so great that he didn't even need to.

Comment

rockys punch had enuf energy to lift 1000lbs 1 feet off the ground. not 1000 PSI u idiots. theres no PSI test on any of the boxers your talkin about., the only test on a champion is from frank bruno

Comment

Shavers-Norton

Originally posted by paul750
          One punch power? Earnie shavers.
          I saw several of Earnie Shavers' fights including his 2 with Larry Holmes, his loss in 1 round to Jerry Quarry, his fight with Muhammad Ali and his 1 round knockout of Ken Norton.

Shavers was not as physically strong as Foreman and not nearly as big as Lennox Lewis, but when he threw a power shot he put everything he had into the punch. His ko of Norton made a believer out of me. Shavers grunted loudly every time he threw a shot against Norton once he had him pinned to the ropes. I've never seen that before or since.

Try to think of a time when you got very angry and wanted to knock somebody's head off, and maybe took out that anger on the heavy bag. That's the way Shavers threw his hooks!

Comment

Easy to decide the hardest punchers,

1. Foreman
            2. Shavers definatly the top 2

after them are the likes of Tyson, Liston, Frazier, Marciano etc

Comment

Bernardo Mercado

Bernardo Mercado:

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=394

was a tall, heavy-handed heavyweight that developed a reputation as a big puncher in the late 1970s and 1980s. I just read an article on Mike Weaver who mentioned him as being 1 of the hardest hitters he ever faced. Weaver stopped Mercado anyway though, so Mercado didn't have a great chin.

Although he was far from being a great fighter, among Mercado's victims were Earnie Shavers, Trevor Berbick and Henry Clark. He was vulnerable to being knocked out himself though, not uncommon for big punchers.

Comment

mercado knocked out berbick with 1 punch

Comment

Well see, there's a diffirence between a hard puncher and an effective puncher. Foreman can pound the heavy bag the hardest, Tyson can knock someone out like the best because he's way more effective. Foreman couldn't KO someone with 1 punch because he was not on target like a Marciano, Tyson etc. If Foreman was precise, he would've been a real monster with his punches.

Plus, some people said Foreman did not put his full weight into his punches, like he was an arm puncher.

Comment

in terms of legit one punch ko artists...........

Rocky Marciano, up until about 1953 when he started tightening up his stance and punches and fighting more methodically.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieQ49
                      mercado knocked out berbick with 1 punch
                      Leon Spinks who was not known for having a great chin walked through everything Mercado threw at him and Mercado hit him alot. Spinks KO of Mercado on the Holmes-Ali undercard was one of his more impressive performances.

Comment

Working...
                      X