No announcement yet.

Most exciting boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most exciting boxer ever?

I personally believe it is Arturo Gatti.

Matthew Saad Muhammad would be no lower than tied for first on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      That is a very good answer.

Comment

Dempsey,Tyson,

Comment

Mike Tyson no doubts

Comment

Gotta be Tyson. I remember checking out matches like this big Russian who in the first round began to freak out and didnt want to fight anymore and his trainer was like "get out of the corner u ****sucker and fight" but he refused and the fight was called for Tyson. The entire crowd booed and tossed food/drinks at the Russian. And all he had to say was he quit cuz he was headbutt and the ref didnt want to call it.

Comment

For pure box office attraction Dempsey was the most well known athlete in the world. His popularity actually out weighed Babe Ruth's at that time.
              Tysons was simular but remember that Tyson copied Dempsey's entrance and look and methodology.

To me the most exciting is Sugar Ray Robinson, he is THE complete fighter/boxer. Speed of foot & hands with power in either hand is rare to acquire.
              Plus if he thought he had a chance to stop an opponent he went after him.
              That kind of attitude is rarely seen today and theres no one with his over all skill base, not even close.
              Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by brand404 View Post
                Gotta be Tyson. I remember checking out matches like this big Russian who in the first round began to freak out and didnt want to fight anymore and his trainer was like "get out of the corner u ****sucker and fight" but he refused and the fight was called for Tyson. The entire crowd booed and tossed food/drinks at the Russian. And all he had to say was he quit cuz he was headbutt and the ref didnt want to call it.
                Mike Tyson didn't fight any Russians. Perhaps you mean Polish contender Andrew Golota?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I was gonna say Saad Muhammad as well.

Comment

Dempsey or Tyson

2nd would be all the light heavies of late 70s early 80s

Then gatti

Then Ricardo mayorga

Comment

Working...
                    X