No announcement yet.

Which fighter from the past....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fighter from the past....

....would you personally like to see put in todays era. Mine 100 percent, would be tommy hearns. One of my favourite fighters and would be great to see him fight live and just demolish the welterweight and super welterweight devision.

Iron Mike Tyson..want a "reincarnation" of his prime

Comment

Mike Tyson & Muhammad Ali, to bring the sport back to life

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
        ....would you personally like to see put in todays era. Mine 100 percent, would be tommy hearns. One of my favourite fighters and would be great to see him fight live and just demolish the welterweight and super welterweight devision.
        Tommy would be an interesting choice...I will never forget my pops taking me to see Hearns vs Juan Roldan at The Joe Louis Arena...classic...

Anyhow I think I would go back further, much further in fact...One of the biggest debates on this forum always seems to be old school versus new school so I'd like to see how the "Brown Bomber" would fare against today's small heavies & cruiserweights...

Comment

Mike McCallum

Comment

Originally posted by f15bone View Post
            Tommy would be an interesting choice...I will never forget my pops taking me to see Hearns vs Juan Roldan at The Joe Louis Arena...classic...

Anyhow I think I would go back further, much further in fact...One of the biggest debates on this forum always seems to be old school versus new school so I'd like to see how the "Brown Bomber" would fare against today's small heavies & cruiserweights...
            Yes, while it would be fun to see guys like Hearns, Tyson, etc. in the mix today, they are too recent to be really interesting and will add nothing to the never-ending old vs new discussion.

Louis is a great choice - and it would also be interesting to see if Marciano or Dempsey could rise to the top (at cruiserweight) in this era.

And how about Bob Fitzsimmons, who once was considered the best in the world? Even in this day and age there are historians who rate him #1 all-time... so how would he do today? That would be fun to find out!

Comment

Fitz would be fun to watch. I think he'd definitely be interesting of observe in the Middleweight division through Light-Heavy, to see if his founded precision punching power would fare him well.

I'd also like to add Joe Gans to the lightweight mix, and Sam Langford in other just to see what the Boston Terror could do.

My own personal favor it would be Middleweight King Tony Zale. I think he'd destroy Cotton over 7 or 8 rounds and then I'd like to see if he and Golovkin could create some Zale-Graziano magic for the 21st. Century.
              Last edited by K-DOGG; 02-26-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X