No announcement yet.

Time to go back to 15 rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smasher
    I'm assuming that's from clinical dehydration, which is a state I would hope a fighter would not put himself in the day before a fight. Perhaps a better word would be depleted. In any event getting weighed the morning of the day before a fight gives the body at least 36 hours to hydrate which is better than what it once was. That's why jr. welters are often entering the ring at about 160 lbs by fight time...
    im talking about my own experience and i useally weigh in the night before ore the same day so ive never gotten more than 18hours and that realy aint enough.

Comment

Originally posted by leff
      im talking about my own experience and i useally weigh in the night before ore the same day so ive never gotten more than 18hours and that realy aint enough.
      That brings back memories of my amateur days when some of the guys in my club would starve themselves all week and be listless and and flat at the morning weigh-in only to go pig out at McDonald's after making weight....
      Last edited by smasher; 03-18-2006, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smasher
        That brings back memories of my amateur days when some of the guys in my club would starve themselves all week and be listless and and flat at the morning weigh-in only to go pig out at McDonald's after making weight....
        well, i eat pasta fruit and oathmal before the fight, BUT after where talking kebab,steaks,fries,beer etc

Comment

I support the return back to 15 rounders

I like champions who are fit and tough, who can take punishment if necessary in order to wear down an opponent. Fighters like that do much better in 15 rounders than in 10 or 12. Of course it's really to some extent a matter of personal preference for how you think champions should fight. If you think that it's ok for champions to stick and move for 12 rounds, piling up points with the jab and a few other shots here and there, then the extra 3 rounds don't mean much. My preference is for inside fighters with heart and a good chin, like Julio Cesar Chavez, Joe Frazier or the young Mike Tyson. I've seen too many instances where a fast, slick boxer can beat a tougher, stronger man by moving, boxing, tying up on the inside, and landing more pitty-pat shots. Guys like that eventually wear down and have to stand and fight or else lose points for holding, but how long does that take? Sometimes it takes more than 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
          X