Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Julio Cesar Chavez overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julio Cesar Chavez never overrated, great fighter only second to roberto duran in the light wieghts of all time

Comment

That is the most stupid post I have ever seen. I did not see him fight until they showed his fight against Edwin Rosario on ITV, now bear in mind I had only seen Rosario blast out Livingstone Bramble. Rosario was a great fighter and when I saw him back him up and batter him for over 10 rounds u knew straight away that u were watching a Legend. One the best fighters for the 80's and early 90s without a doubt every Mexican wants to be like him I am sure

Comment

i agree.as a fighter, his natural skils were over-rated and that is not to say that they were'nt very good.I think his thing was his role model status, his iconic value for a people, a nation and ultimately in time, some might say a weight class, even a generation. His awe was typified by a ritualistic ode before his fights to everything in the mexican identity and tradition, language (albeit spanish), flags etc.Above all of this stood a virtue that probably best represented the people above all, his relentless pressure and work ethic.n all to familiar tale and again a trait which tramscended the humble mexican peoples but rather appealed to most of bboxings blue collar fighters and fans alike.

Comment

I agree that Chavez is not overrated, and he was a great fighter. Though he didnt deserve some of the decisions he got. I dont think he beat Taylor, yea taylor was knocked down but he got back up. With just a few seconds left in the fight, taylor could have had finished the fight no problem. Worst call ever, and it ruined Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Famoso Matador
            I agree that Chavez is not overrated, and he was a great fighter. Though he didnt deserve some of the decisions he got. I dont think he beat Taylor, yea taylor was knocked down but he got back up. With just a few seconds left in the fight, taylor could have had finished the fight no problem. Worst call ever, and it ruined Taylor.
            what happen to taylor after that fight?, many said he was never fully recovered, what did they mean with that?, brain,body damaged?. whatever it was he wasent the same after that match.

and i dont think jcc was overrated, he was very dangerous, just look what he did to taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
              what happen to taylor after that fight?, many said he was never fully recovered, what did they mean with that?, brain,body damaged?. whatever it was he wasent the same after that match.

and i dont think jcc was overrated, he was very dangerous, just look what he did to taylor.
              Taylor was all ****ed up after that fight. Physically, he peed like 1 liter of blood and had all kinds of bruises in his rib cage. Mentally, how can you recover from a loss like that? The guy was 20 seconds away to beat a living legend in his own right, an all-time great, and came up short.

What happened to Taylor was one of the saddest things that ever happened to a boxer. But the stoppage was the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by morancito
                Taylor was all ****ed up after that fight. Physically, he peed like 1 liter of blood and had all kinds of bruises in his rib cage. Mentally, how can you recover from a loss like that? The guy was 20 seconds away to beat a living legend in his own right, an all-time great, and came up short.

What happened to Taylor was one of the saddest things that ever happened to a boxer. But the stoppage was the right call.
                why/how can he peed 1 liter of blood, what happen to him after that?. what was the saddest things beside that the ruferer stop the fight 2 second before taylor he would won.

did his brain was damaged or? , why wouldnt he talk "normal" after that fight?.

Comment

Chavez is one of the greatest without a doubt.

Anyone who questions his legacy is either:

a) bitter that he beat their fighter

b) jealous of his status as a legend

c) racist

d) stupid and racist (like the guy who said he fought only Tijuana cab drivers)

You can't touch him, don't even try

Comment

Originally posted by the_roo
                    Chavez is one of the greatest without a doubt.

Anyone who questions his legacy is either:

a) bitter that he beat their fighter

b) jealous of his status as a legend

c) racist

d) stupid and racist (like the guy who said he fought only Tijuana cab drivers)

You can't touch him, don't even try
                    i think oscar de la hoya had the right style for jcc he could beat jcc(prime)

Comment

Originally posted by rudy
                      That is the most stupid post I have ever seen. I did not see him fight until they showed his fight against Edwin Rosario on ITV, now bear in mind I had only seen Rosario blast out Livingstone Bramble. Rosario was a great fighter and when I saw him back him up and batter him for over 10 rounds u knew straight away that u were watching a Legend. One the best fighters for the 80's and early 90s without a doubt every Mexican wants to be like him I am sure
                      This is one of my favourite fights of Chavez'. Someone else on this or another thread called this fight 'A clinic in infighting' & that sums it up perfectly, Rosario tried his hardest & didn't want to back off but he just got beat up in the end. Great fighter Chavez, not overrated at all & when you think of it he was probably just past his best when he fought Whitaker, Randall etc. though Whitaker would have given him fits at his best anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X