Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rank higher as an all-time great, Pacquiao or JC Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably Chavez. But it may just be nostalgia talking. Pacquiao has the better resume I think. He's today's Roberto Duran.

Comment

Chavez has
      Mario Martinez
      Rosario
      Lockridge
      Jl Ramirez
      Camacho
      Haugen
      Meldrick
      Mayweather twice

That's nine big wins over 3 weight classes across 10 pounds

Manny has

Sasquol
      Ledbewa
      Barrera twice
      Marquez twice
      Morales twice
      Oscar
      Hatton
      Cotto
      Bradley (basically twice)

That's 12 big wins across 7 divisions over 40 pounds

And one could argue that mosely, margarito, algieri, rios, larios are better than haugen or Martinez

I just don't see how it can be so clear cut for Chavez...

I believe manny has more titles, more weight classes, more big spectacular wins, more longevity at the world class level, and arguably the better list of foes, and I think the first Barrera win is the best win for either guy

Comment

You think Algieri was better than Greg Haugen? There's just no way, at least not up to this point in his career.

Haugen was a world champ in two separate weight classes and holds nice wins over Hector Camacho and Vinny Pazienza.

Comment

Pacquaio is probably the greatest lb for lb fighter of all time, in the world.

Despite his KO loss, he is over all better than Marquez.

He has been ducked by the number 2 guy Floyd for years and most sober analysts would suggest he would overwhelm and crush that defence.

Chavez was good but I think many other boxers would beat him prome for prime.

There's never been such a combination of qualities ever compressed into one tiny fighter as Manny.

Simply a legend!

Comment

Algieri name should not even be mentioned in this conversation. Hes a bum beater with a shot that looked good (not great) against a guy who was head hunting him and not throwing punches or combos.

back on topic. I have it a close draw. I do think Manny has accomplished more

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Manny never got stopped in his prime.. I don't count his teenage years as being prime
              my bad he was young but had a few title defences under his belt

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                You think Algieri was better than Greg Haugen? There's just no way, at least not up to this point in his career.

Haugen was a world champ in two separate weight classes and holds nice wins over Hector Camacho and Vinny Pazienza.
                Jury still out on algieri, I just don't think haugen was much of a threat when Chavez fought him.. Haugen basically talked himself into that fight and it was a few years after his biggest successes..
                Not trying to knock Greg but I don't think he would come close to being a big win for manny,, I feel he is on par with oscar larios.. Faded Shane and margs were better than that haugen IMO

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  my bad he was young but had a few title defences under his belt
                  Yeah, he won it by ko, defended by ko, and then got ko'd all in the span of a year, either 98 or 99

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Algieri name should not even be mentioned in this conversation. Hes a bum beater with a shot that looked good (not great) against a guy who was head hunting him and not throwing punches or combos.

back on topic. I have it a close draw. I do think Manny has accomplished more
                    Time will tell with algieri, but yes, probably shouldn't have been mentioned

Comment

For me it is Pacquiao. His resume is impressive, just his overall achievements exceed those of Chavez to some extend. P4P I rate Pacman higher as well, and I am a big fan of both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X