Collapse
No announcement yet.

1983 Greg Page question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok fair enough im still not just gonna ask him about his losses mate.

Comment

I understand.It's cool.

Comment

Renaldo "Mr" Snipes had to be one of the more awkward contender level Heavyweights in history.

But he had this crazy overhand right sucker punch thing going where he would kind of look away and then suddenly throw it.

It landed against a lot of guys - Holmes included.

I've been hit with things like that in Martial Arts but I would think a world class boxer would see it coming. Guess not!

Comment

That punch could have handed him the Heavyweight title had he fought the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76
            Also ask him when he lost to Tony Tubbs as an amateur.

Greg you fought some good fighters as an amateur, I believe Tony Tubbs being one of them, who was your hardest amateur opponent? Also is there any truth in the fact that you sparred with Ali in your youth?

there you go im gonna ask him after all!!!

if anyone has anymore questions i'll be sending them tonight as im doing an interivew with greg and patricia.

if you have any reasonble quesitons ill try and include them for you.

ill post the link here once its all done.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
              Greg you fought some good fighters as an amateur, I believe Tony Tubbs being one of them, who was your hardest amateur opponent? Also is there any truth in the fact that you sparred with Ali in your youth?

there you go im gonna ask him after all!!!

if anyone has anymore questions i'll be sending them tonight as im doing an interivew with greg and patricia.

if you have any reasonble quesitons ill try and include them for you.

ill post the link here once its all done.
              no question from me, but please tell him that there are many Boxing fans(including me) that send our prayers to him on a regular basis.

look forward to reading your interview

Comment

will do, i actually decided to cover this as i was so touched by both these guys attitudes, its an amazing thing human spirit.
                his wife patricia is an amazing person too.

ill let you know when i get the article up

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76
                  Also ask him when he lost to Tony Tubbs as an amateur.
                  JPW .... give Dynamite Page's email address and let him ask for himself.

Comment

Didn't Page knock Tyson down in training. I think on the lead up to the Douglas fight?

Comment

i believe so and he sparred with ali while young, questions arw with greg and patricia at presnet ( i did them by email as you can appreicat ein gregs condition its not that easy to conduct tlephone interviews) i hope to have some news soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X