No announcement yet.

Top 5 best punchers that dint have bricks for fists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    ^I think that had to do with the physical maturation of his body, as the muscles and bones of his legs and upperbody were still developing and I believe that's a crucial aspect of punching power.
    That was a factor, but the fact that his skills progressed is undeniable, especially as a young pro.

Comment

It's hard to say for me because most big punchers have most of those qualities lol.

There's guys without that many KOs who have guys hesitant as if they are ko punchers (Floyd is a good example).

But I guess Roy would be a good example for the threat..but he could crack, his athleticism just made it unfair. It's hard to say.

I think Martinez might be a good shout. Thing is though that he got better and thus his punching technique did as well but his speed helps. He seems a bit heavy handed though with good snap since e has that type of power that seems to stay with guys as he just completely was breaking guys down.

Danny Garcia seems like a decent shout too as he gets so much leverage on his shots that he just kills dude. But when he isnt set he doesnt seem as powerful as dudes like Lucas or GGG who seem to have anvils for hands. He's a good/big puncher but he seems to benefit more from timing and leverage than raw power.

Khan seems to fit the bill too.

This is recent and not all time of course..
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 06-20-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Mike McTigue and Esteban DeJesus

Comment

Do you mean fighters that were good punchers that weren't regarded as being heavyhanded (?) or are you meaning literally as in a loose reference to Margarito etc LOL???

Comment

Idk about him being the best puncher, but he definitely isn't a brick fist its just he puts so much into his shots when he does throw.

Comment

I'd say it is really opinionated because accuracy, speed, and power all are variables in being a "good puncher". But for me I'd say:
              George Foreman
              Roberto Duran
              Thomas Hearns

I don't wanna name anymore just because I can't pick between so many other great punchers. I mean for instance De La Hoya had a lot of power and carried it up from 130-160. I don't mean that De La Hoya is a top 5 best puncher but he is at least in the top 15

Comment

Ricardo Lopez and Buddy McGirt. Check out how many one punch kos McGirt had.

Comment

imho Roy jones

Comment

Working...
                  X