No announcement yet.

Boxing Best performances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Best performances

If you had to give a fight for each of these guys to show people why there masters of their craft, which fights would you choose for each

Hopkins
    Whitaker
    Mayweather
    Toney
    Other

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    If you had to give a fight for each of these guys to show people why there masters of their craft, which fights would you choose for each

Hopkins
    Whitaker
    Mayweather
    Toney
    Other
    Hopkins - Trinidad (Tarver 2nd choice)
    Whitaker - Ramirez rematch
    Mayweather - Corrales (Hernandez 2nd choice)
    Toney - Barkley
    Others...
    Chavez - Rosario
    Hearns - Cuevas
    Sanchez - Gomez
    Leonard - Green
    Tyson - Biggs
    Louis - Schmelling rematch (duh)

Comment

Hopkins best performance was Tarver
      Whitaker best performance was Vasquez
      Mayweather best performance was Corrales
      Toney best performance was Holyfield

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Hopkins best performance was Tarver
        Whitaker best performance was Vasquez
        Mayweather best performance was Corrales
        Toney best performance was Holyfield
        What I was thinking too!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Hopkins - Trinidad (Tarver 2nd choice)
          Whitaker - Ramirez rematch
          Mayweather - Corrales (Hernandez 2nd choice)
          Toney - Barkley
          Others...
          Chavez - Rosario
          Hearns - Cuevas
          Sanchez - Gomez
          Leonard - Green
          Tyson - Biggs
          Louis - Schmelling rematch (duh)
          Although Hearns fell apart late against Leonard, I actually rank his performance in that fight as his best performance, even in a loss.

Comment

Hopkins -trinidad

Comment

Barkley was Toney
              Hopkins vs Trinidad
              Whitaker vs Nelson
              Mayweather vs Corales

Comment

Bernard Hopkins- Felix Trinidad. People might knock it now since Tito was naturally smaller, but he was the 3-1 favorite, a top P4P fighter, and destroyed Joppy, a long-time MW titlist. Hopkins beat him in every way. Outside, inside, mid-range. Complete and utter schooling, a masterpiece.

Floyd Mayweather- Ricky Hatton. Let me elaborate on why I'd pick this one rather than the more dominant performance against Chico. Against Chico, it was a brilliant display of boxing, movement, exploding at the correct time which resulted in 5 knockdowns. Against Hatton, you saw a more complete performance, because he needed to. Corrales was so ineffective at closing the distance and getting to Mayweather, that you didn't get to see some of Floyd's other abilities. Hatton swarmed him, and Mayweather beat him as his own game, which included being more rough/dirty up close.

Despite what Harold "I give guys rounds on non-effective aggression" Lederman scored it, Mayweather was doing pretty much all the clean landing throughout. Mayweather won the first round using the ring, on his bicycle, but landing the good shots. Hatton was able to close the distance, so we saw Floyd's in-game. He hurt Hatton in the 4th, he constantly dug into Hatton's ribs with his free hand with right uppercuts. Then in the 8th, he exploded with a brilliant attack, contorting his body to get the better angles on body shots. And then it set up for the 10th round stoppage.

Pernell Whitaker- Jose Luis Ramirez 2

James Toney- Iran Barkley

Julio Cesar Chavez- Edwin Rosario

Roberto Duran- Esteban Dejesus 3

Comment

I think Hopkins' best is undoubtedly Tito. It was a modern boxing masterpiece, and one of the greatest performances of craft in the sports history for me. The finishing combo is scary in its perfection, not to say anything of the lead up.

He had drawn Titos counter hook against the left uppercut numerous throughout the bout and had even landed the same trap previously rather than just seeing if Tito would fall for it; throwing a wide left uppercut to draw the counter hook, which opened Tito up for a clean right. The way he set it up in the last round though. It's as if he threw it extra wide, to give himself more room to land a harder, longer right hand, rather than the shorter one he landed previously. Absolute perfection. Boxing brilliance. The Sweet Science.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_YkYpMnYyEI
                  Last edited by BennyST; 04-22-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Michael Nunn over Frank Tate
                    Sumbu Kalambay over Mike McCallum
                    James Toney over Iran Barkley

Comment

Working...
                    X