No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald McClellan

He was a great fighter, super hard hitter.. I think he would have won the fight with Benn had his brain not been damaged. What do you guys think he would have done if he'd stayed around?

He'd of beaten Roy Jones and won the world light-heavyweight title too.

Comment

He would of knocked out most fighters for sure

Comment

I feel real sorry for the guy, he had everything and just lost it and now his life is ruined. Of course I don't blame Nigel, he was just trying to win the fight, he didn't want that to happen at all.

Comment

McClellan V Roy Jones Jr. would have been an awesoem fight. McClellan beat Jones in the amateurs, but the pro Jones was a lot better than the amateur one (though so was the pro McClellan).

Comment

I feel the exact way as supaduck does!

Gerald was my favourite fighter!

I think him & Jones were both peaking at the same time
            Gerald had amazing power and was fast and kept his power through every round...I think he woulda beat Jones

Comment

Woulda been an all time great, but that fight with Benn ****ed him... He had it nearly over in round 1, that shows you how great and powerful he was.

Comment

The Mclellan/Benn fight is my favourite fight of all time, I take it over Barrera/Morales 1, Corrales/Castillo 1, Holyfield/Tyson 1 etc etc. But, in the 1st when Benn was under pressure, he was ducking below the belt, as well as being helped back into the ring when he got knocked out of it. The ref was absolutely hopeless and there is no doubt that his ineptitude contributed to Gerald's injuries.

He was a superb fighter, exciting as they come and one of the hardest p4p punchers of all time. He nearly knocked Benn out about 6 times in that fight and it is to Nigel's enormous credit that he was able to fight back and defeat him. However, Gerald looked uncomfortable for a while in that fight. This no doubt contributed to Nigel's win (although nothing should be taken away from him) and is one of boxing's greatest tragedy. I honestly believe that Mclellan would have gone down as one of the top 5 p4p fighters OF ALL TIME if he hadnt been injured.

Comment

I think it's fair to say he was an all time great who never fulfilled his potential (as he couldn't, due to his injuries).

Comment

Fully agree, great fighter such a shame, anyone know how he is doing?

Obviously very similar is Michael Watson, he beat Benn and had just floored Eubank when he got hurt, another who could have been a great fighter!

He is doing OK, I met him about 10 months ago at Charity Boxing Gala, obviously has a lot of problems still but does have a decent quality of life considering!

Comment

Working...
                    X