No announcement yet.

valeuv or willard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mokele
    We already know that Valuev is far from being an all-time great heavyweight based on his inability to do any better than barely squeaking by with wins vs. Larry Donald and John Ruiz, but it remains to be seen just how durable he is. So far as I know, nobody has ever hurt him or knocked him down. That being the case, it's possible that his size makes him immune to all but the biggest punchers around. That being said, it's realistically possible only to beat him by outpointing him or tiring him out so badly that he can barely continue, and then finally landing a big punch when he's too tired to defend himself. Somebody may do exactly that some day.

Most really big guys aren't great warriors, because they never had to be. Most bullies and guys with a chip on their shoulder look for easier targets, so giant guys are rarely challenged physically. When they finally are in a tough battle they sometimes react timidly. Let's see what happens when somebody big enough and skilled enough starts to really land big shots on Valuev. I'll bet that he folds under the pressure. I hope that we don't have to wait too long to find out!
    that's a brilliant post. i totally concur.

Comment

bump......

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
        who's better? nicolay valuev or jess willard?

or
        - -Big Jess never received credit for KOing a top 10 IBRO great, but Valuev defended far longer and near the the Rocky record as perhaps the most international fighter ever.

Giants like Primo and the Ks never recieve their just due in boxing either.

Andre the giant prob the greatest giant ever on par with Angus MacAskill.

And Wilt who melted Ali in the ABC studios in front of Howie and millions of viewers.

Comment

Working...
        X