No announcement yet.

Paul Pender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    He manages too make a Basilio fight boring, wouldn't be in a rush too watch him.

Constantly stayed on the outside jabbing, which wasn't all that good considering he threw about 4000 jabs for every right hand, good sense of distance, very bouncy footwork which he only used to stay on the outside, his footwork seemed like his only defense as well not much head movement at all, an alright chin although it was constantly in the air, liked to clinch alot.
    Certainly doesn't sound like my kind of fighter,i notice he had brittle hands too

It's funny how the champion has an average performance (vs Murray) and suddenly anyone could have beaten him

Comment

PaUl Pender

Regardless of their age, Pender fought SRR, Gene Fullmer and Basilio.

How does Martinez's competition stack up against these all time greats?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
        Regardless of their age, Pender fought SRR, Gene Fullmer and Basilio.

How does Martinez's competition stack up against these all time greats?
        You cannot just say regardless of age and expect people to forget that Robinson was past it and wouldn't go too do much after the Pender fights (Yet, still should of gotten the nod in both fights) and it was Basilio's very last fight where he had Pender stumbling around during round 2 (Credit too Pender for surviving against Basilio who had too chase Pender around with his Zimmer frame).

Fullmer beat him, why bring it up ?.

Martinez's competition probably stacks up fairly well against an old Robinson and Grandad Basilio, I would genuinely give JCC JR and PWill alright chances, as they are getting older they'd have trouble with PWill's and JR's work rate, before people get uppity about me bringing up JR, his size would definitely be a factor for the aging veterans. Prime Pavlik is a tricky customer for them both as well, if Pender could beat them, these men have a pretty good chance.

Back on topic though, how do you think Pender beats Martinez ?.
        Last edited by NChristo; 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Paul Pender

The Pender that beat SRR and he did deserve the two split decisions
          Would beat the Martinez that fought Murray.

Would Martinez have beaten that SRR? I don't think so.

Pender was good..not great.

I believe he had Carmen on the canvas in their fight.

Comment

The Martinez that fought Murray was clearly on the downslide of his career. He is not close to what he was two years ago and is ripe for the picking now.

Comment

You should really watch both fights before saying Pender deserved too win, and if you had watched them you really agree with the decisions ?, you really think that Robinson only won 1 or 2 rounds in the first bout ?. Pender didn't do much in either fight but jab and hold and even then in the clinches Robinson was in charge.

Such a weird bias towards such a random boxer, ridiculous.

If Martinez couldn't beat that SRR, which to be honest he well could, he'd still murk Pender.
              Last edited by NChristo; 04-30-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X