No announcement yet.

Tony Sibson "sibo"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Sibson "sibo"

Do any of you historians know what this guy is doing today? I loved his style and fire in the ring. Very hard puncher who gave Hagler a very tough fight.

Originally posted by El Manos View Post
    Do any of you historians know what this guy is doing today? I loved his style and fire in the ring. Very hard puncher who gave Hagler a very tough fight.
    Hagler completely wrecked Sibson. It was not even remotely a tough fight. Sibson was very brave and took a lot of punishment, but was completely outclassed.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      Hagler completely wrecked Sibson. It was not even remotely a tough fight. Sibson was very brave and took a lot of punishment, but was completely outclassed.
      What I meant was Hagler really had to work to get sibo out of there. Sibson didn't just fold up as soon as he was hit hard like Hearns. Some of the same punches Sibson took made Hearns dance and skip away like a ballerina in that third round.

Comment

What does Tommy have to do with this topic? Another guy who only knows how to compare opponents, not talent and skill level.
        Ray stops Tommy, Tommy stops Duran, Duran goes long distance with Hagler, yet Hagler stops Tommy but not Duran??????

It has nothing to do with their individual talents its ALL about matching up styles and it makes boxing "interesting"!

I was at the show in Worcester and that kid was getting beat up! Tuff kid and he was fighting back but he got his head handed to him. Hagler did his back off technique so that his punches were more meaningfull then when he gets you hurt he steps up and into you! When you get hit coming forward it has a physcological effect along with a slightly physical one hahahaha!!!
        Sugar Ray Robinson was the master of backing off to set the trap in. Ray

Comment

Sibson was tough. I believe if he was fighting today he would have a title and a bunch of title defences. But with so many belts up for grabs these days, so would alot of those contenders of that era.

Comment

Mr Hands,

Have a look at this link. I think it's from Leicester FC magazine. There's a small article about Sibbo. Nice comments from him about the Hagler fight.

From what I gather he invested in property & a building business in Weymouth.

Last time I saw him was his last bout against Frank Tate when some twat tossed a tear gas canister in the ring. I (vaguely) remember a young Nigel Benn being either in the ring or at ringside & having streaming eyes.

http://issuu.com/soarmedia/docs/soarmagazine10-issuu

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Mr Hands,

Have a look at this link. I think it's from Leicester FC magazine. There's a small article about Sibbo. Nice comments from him about the Hagler fight.

Last time I saw him was his last bout against Frank Tate when some twat tossed a tear gas canister in the ring. I (vaguely) remember a young Nigel Benn being either in the ring or at ringside & having streaming eyes.

Thanks for that. I'll check out the link.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                Mr Hands,

I looked it up and actually the tear gas was used on unruley fans before the bout.

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//I...s=henry+cooper

Comment

Working...
                X