Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roy Jones Jr the greatest P4P fighter of all time better than sugar ray leonard ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
    I believe the level of competition during Leonard's time was higher. This is not Roy's fault that he did not fight at that time. Nevertheless, I have no doubts Roy had it all to compete with Duran, Hears, Hagler, Benitez, ...
    Hmmm... Interesting.

Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Benitez.

Vs.

Jones, Hopkins, Nunn, Tito, McCallum.

It's possible (and likely) that Leonards competition was higher, but the talent level in Jones's day wasn't bad. The piece missing is that they didn't fight each other 2-3 times. Had they done that..... Damn.

PS: the names selected for the Jones period could vary (Toney, Calzaghe others).
    Last edited by BattlingNelson; 04-07-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

roy beats both rays at 147.

floyd mayweather also beats wilfredo gomez at 122, and shane mosley beats willie pep at featherweight

Comment

H2h i favor Roy... I think he is the one guy that could outspeed a prime Leonard, and have the ring iq to deal with Leonard's smarts..

But resume,, Leonard kills it, and I have him higher on atg rankings

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
          roy beats both rays at 147.

floyd mayweather also beats wilfredo gomez at 122, and shane mosley beats willie pep at featherweight
          How do you think George Foreman would do against Rubin Carter at middleweight?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            How do you think George Foreman would do against Rubin Carter at middleweight?
            If he makes 160 he probably passes out during the introductions.

Comment

Definitely for me.

Comment

Working...
              X