Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was/is the hardest puncher of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always put some stock into what Chuck Wepner said when comparing Foreman and Liston. He said that Liston hit "a lot" harder than Foreman, and he fought a prime Foreman and a shot Liston.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      I've always put some stock into what Chuck Wepner said when comparing Foreman and Liston. He said that Liston hit "a lot" harder than Foreman, and he fought a prime Foreman and a shot Liston.
      Since that was only Foreman's 4th pro fight, I'm not sure it is fair to call that his prime. I would think Foreman's punching technique improved with more pro experience.

Comment

People say Shavers,Foreman etc...But the truth is Mike Tyson was the
        hardest single punch,puncher in history.Foreman had a lot of girth and
        compound power with bunches of punches.I think if punching power could
        be measured with a device like Drago used in Rocky 4,I think Tyson would
        have the hardest single punch...Just watch when he hit Carl the Truth Williams
        with one punch and Williams flew across the ring.(Williams was a very big boy)

Comment

h2h.. shavers.
          p4p.. jackson.

imo

Comment

George Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by toooooool View Post
              People say Shavers,Foreman etc...But the truth is Mike Tyson was the
              hardest single punch,puncher in history.Foreman had a lot of girth and
              compound power with bunches of punches.I think if punching power could
              be measured with a device like Drago used in Rocky 4,I think Tyson would
              have the hardest single punch...Just watch when he hit Carl the Truth Williams
              with one punch and Williams flew across the ring.(Williams was a very big boy)
              just due to his size alone Tyson could not have had the hardest punch because he is very small in his prime compared to these other guys like Foreman which means they are putting much more mass into the punches. So pound for pound Tyson may have very well been stronger but if you use an actual empirical testing device like the machine you listed, then Foreman and guys like Shavers would probably hit harder than Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                just due to his size alone Tyson could not have had the hardest punch because he is very small in his prime compared to these other guys like Foreman which means they are putting much more mass into the punches. So pound for pound Tyson may have very well been stronger but if you use an actual empirical testing device like the machine you listed, then Foreman and guys like Shavers would probably hit harder than Tyson
                Shavers really wasn't any bigger than Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Since that was only Foreman's 4th pro fight, I'm not sure it is fair to call that his prime. I would think Foreman's punching technique improved with more pro experience.
                  You're right. I thought Wepner fought him later than that. Decent opponent for your fourth career fight.

Comment

Straight punches..

Wladimir Klitschko or
                    Lennox Lewis

Uppercut

LEnnox Lewis or
                    Mike Tyson

Hook

Tommy Morrison or
                    Mike Tyson.

Other mentions...

Some boxers I think hit with very high total force but lack the snap in their punches like the above boxers do.

I think George Foreman and David Tua should be mentioned as capable of producing similar forces to the above but more in the form of push punches. Sometimes of course they were still highly effective =P

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                      No bro ..you got it wrong..tyson was about 220 and so was Foreman.The
                      misconception was that guys like Foreman and Shavers etc were bigger than
                      Tyson...they may have been taller but they were all about the same weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X