Collapse
No announcement yet.

which fight was joe louis best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say Schmeling 2 had to be up there as Louis best win. However Fleischer wrote that his bout with Lewis Joe showed even further seasoned ability. Exhibiting an ability to seamlessly go from body to head. In the short snippets of film available on YouTube you can see glimpses of what Nat referred to. Lefts and rights to the body that nearly breaks the lt hwt champion in half thrown perfectly.

His second bout with Buddy Baer was remarkable as well. The first KD, a blistering left right on the button I consider one of the most devastating in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
      I would say Schmeling 2 had to be up there as Louis best win. However Fleischer wrote that his bout with Lewis Joe showed even further seasoned ability. Exhibiting an ability to seamlessly go from body to head. In the short snippets of film available on YouTube you can see glimpses of what Nat referred to. Lefts and rights to the body that nearly breaks the lt hwt champion in half thrown perfectly.

His second bout with Buddy Baer was remarkable as well. The first KD, a blistering left right on the button I consider one of the most devastating in boxing history.
      Schmeling is debatable as his best win, but certainly up there and without question his most memorable win and one of the most memorable win in American sports history.

Comment

I think it would be Walcott II.

You learn a lot about a fighter when they get old and their athleticism is all but stripped away. Walcott was a great fighter, with a horrific style for Louis, who had beaten him on almost everyone’s cards in their first bout, and despite being in deep again, Joe pulled out a blinding series of punches to knock his man unconscious.

The speed and shortness of that first right hand is frightening

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          I think it would be Walcott II.

You learn a lot about a fighter when they get old and their athleticism is all but stripped away. Walcott was a great fighter, with a horrific style for Louis, who had beaten him on almost everyone’s cards in their first bout, and despite being in deep again, Joe pulled out a blinding series of punches to knock his man unconscious.

The speed and shortness of that first right hand is frightening
          For what it is worth I agree. For one moment, for Louis, it all came rushing back, the perfect fighter he had once been, wrapped up in one last combination. It is wonderful to watch.

Walcott seems just to have had an unlucky career; wrong spot at the wrong time, several times.

Comment

the louis-schmeling ll fight,meant a lot to him I read

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Schmeling is debatable as his best win, but certainly up there and without question his most memorable win and one of the most memorable win in American sports history.
              This here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post

Buddy Baer II was Louis' peak imo.

The point where he was still ferocious and powerful, but seasoned with experience and ring craft as well.

Post WWII he was more methodical, maybe better in terms of skills, but less of the force of nature he was pre war

Comment

Working...
                X