No announcement yet.

Where Does Mike Tyson Rank As An ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Here is something for you people to think about.

Tony Tucker was 34-0 at the time Tyson beat him.

Tucker than went on to BECOME 48-1 at the time Lewis beat him.

Tony Tucker fought a Pre Prime but still Elite Lewis AND a Prime Tyson and lasted 24 rounds.

He is a better win than ANYTHING ON Klitschkos resume.

Wladimir's best win was Chris Byrd.

Chris Byrd vs Tony Tucker.. I favor Tucker 65-35
    Ironic how he's just a "bum" when Tyson fights him but an older, washed up version that fights Lewis is great competition ... LOL

Over HALF of Lewis's resume is full of Tyson left overs yet Tyson has a weak record and Lennox Lewis has the best resume of all of the dominant heavyweights of the modern era.

Hilarious.

And "The Glass", Wladimir Klitschko, would probably KO Louis ... I don't see him ever finding a way past his hellacious jab ... but its not really fair to compare guys who were active over a half a century apart from another ... Louis vs. Ali is a better kind of comparison and even their primes are separated by something like 3 decades.

Tyson would scramble Wlad's brain and send the crowd home with pieces of glass and teeth as souvenirs in a brutal ****. Louis doesn't beat either Tyson or the glass IMO. His career is better than both, however.
    Last edited by TysonBomb; 01-15-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonTard View Post
      Anyone who goes down TEN TIMES in a career does not have a very good chin and is not very durable.

Only the glass himself, Wladimir Klitschko, has hit the canvas as much as Louis.

Louis was KTFO through the ropes in his last bout and was KOed by an old Max Max Schmeling

Tyson would waste Louis within 4 rounds and give him a lesson in combination punching
      Tyson was down 5 times in 217 rounds, or once every 43 rounds.

Louis was down 10 times in 418 rounds, or once every 41 rounds.

So, if Louis "does not have a very good chin and is not very durable", then it's hard to say a whole lot more about Tyson.

Oh, that's right. Nothing past the Spinks fight counts for Tyson, but Louis' entire career can be held against him. My bad. I forgot the rules.

Originally posted by TysonTard
      Louis was KTFO through the ropes in his last bout a
      Tyson was knocked through the ropes by Danny Williams, and quit on his stool in his last bout. Do you really want to compare the ends of their respective careers?
      Last edited by SBleeder; 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

After Douglas Ko'd him Mike continued on for like 14 years! He was 13-6 and nad 2 nc and was stopped 5 out of 6 losses! Every fighter who goes on after his best usually has a 4 to 5 year period where he looses some and wins some but most "elite" guys don't get KO'd 5 times in 13 fights!
        Stop making excuses for Mike, he doesn't!

oh yeah your horrible comparisons to Sugar Ray, he was stopped ONCE in 200 pro fights and atleast 150 amatuer fights ONCE!!! and that was heat exhaustion as he took on and was beating the LtHvy Champ. Ray
        Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-15-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Tyson was down 5 times in 217 rounds, or once every 43 rounds.

Louis was down 10 times in 418 rounds, or once every 41 rounds.

So, if Louis "does not have a very good chin and is not very durable", then it's hard to say a whole lot more about Tyson.

Oh, that's right. Nothing past the Spinks fight counts for Tyson, but Louis' entire career can be held against him. My bad. I forgot the rules.

Tyson was knocked through the ropes by Danny Williams, and quit on his stool in his last bout. Do you really want to compare the ends of their respective careers?
          When was Tyson down 5 times?? You clowns making stuff about again?? He was only down 4 times. Once against Douglas, once against Holyfield in the first fight because of the headbutts, once against Lewis when he was shot, and once against Williams when he was just a shell and was injured. He was never officially knocked down in the McBride fight, McBride pushed him.

Tyson was never down before he went to prison, except once. And he was never down with Rooney in his corner. Most of these KDs and KO losses came at the very end when he was only fighting for money to get himself out of debt. Louis only did that for a single fight and was KTFO through the ropes.

Louis was KD multiple times before he served in the military. AT LEAST 4 times. All but 1 of Tyson's KDs occurred when he was washed up and away for 4 years.

Which ever way you want it, Louis hit the deck more often, even with your ****ty incorrect "calculations". An old Max Schemling at 190 lbs beat the hell out of him. Louis couldn't even withstand half of the punishment Tyson took against Douglas ... he woudl've been out after the 3rd or 4th round. He's in the same category as "The Glass" Wladimir Klitschko himself. Tyson would never be dropped by a complete BUM like Tony Galento. He would just be another bum on Tyson's "KO 1" resume.
          Last edited by TysonBomb; 01-15-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Of course he was. When i think of tyson i dont think "Omg mike tyson instant all time great" But, just look back at what he did. It speaks for itself.

I still think holyfield gives prime mike the same problems though. But that's just holyfield for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso
              The Clowns 5 da Bomb 0!!! Your hopeless kid!! I learned along time ago that fanatic boxing fans are lost in their own world and their "hero's" are on their alter forever! Its a sickness thats extremely sad, I encourage you to get into a therapy session that can help you with your obsession with Mike Tyson.'Maybe you could start by using your own name instead of making believe your Tyson??? Sort of an exercise in reality???
              How about "Lost in Tyson"? or "I Dream of Mike" or "Someone take this Brown Off My Nose"!!!! here ya go!!!! nite now and play nice!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                When was Tyson down 5 times?? You clowns making stuff about again?? He was only down 4 times. Once against Douglas, once against Holyfield in the first fight because of the headbutts, once against Lewis when he was shot, and once against Williams when he was just a shell and was injured. He was never officially knocked down in the McBride fight, McBride pushed him.

Tyson was never down before he went to prison, except once. And he was never down with Rooney in his corner. Most of these KDs and KO losses came at the very end when he was only fighting for money to get himself out of debt. Louis only did that for a single fight and was KTFO through the ropes.

Louis was KD multiple times before he served in the military. AT LEAST 4 times. All but 1 of Tyson's KDs occurred when he was washed up and away for 4 years.

Which ever way you want it, Louis hit the deck more often, even with your ****ty incorrect "calculations". An old Max Schemling at 190 lbs beat the hell out of him. Louis couldn't even withstand half of the punishment Tyson took against Douglas ... he woudl've been out after the 3rd or 4th round. He's in the same category as "The Glass" Wladimir Klitschko himself. Tyson would never be dropped by a complete BUM like Tony Galento. He would just be another bum on Tyson's "KO 1" resume.
                The "old Max Schmelling" was 30 when he beat Joe, lol. Knockdowns don't mean nearly as much as you think. A knockdown usually costs you one point in scoring. All that really matters is who won. Joe Louis loost ONE fight in his prime. If you say the same thing about Tyson, it's only because his prime was over at 24, which doesn't make you ATG material.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  The "old Max Schmelling" was 30 when he beat Joe, lol. Knockdowns don't mean nearly as much as you think. A knockdown usually costs you one point in scoring. All that really matters is who won. Joe Louis loost ONE fight in his prime. If you say the same thing about Tyson, it's only because his prime was over at 24, which doesn't make you ATG material.
                  Knock downs mean a hell lot more in the heavyweight division.

Come on scotty boy.. I thought a expert like you should know this.

KD'S dont mean much in the lower weights, guys like JMM can just bounce right back up. In the HW Division, constantly suffering KD'S is a serious flaw.
                  ESPECIALLY super heavys...

Example:

If it was even Prime Frank Bruno instead of Sam Peter in Wlad vs Peter I.. I think Bruno would have finished him...

KD'S mean so much at HW.. How can you say it don't 'mean much' ? Just because The Glass went down 13 times or something don't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Louis got dropped often because he squared up. He was rarely seriously hurt, almost never stayed hurt, and was scary off the floor. Getting up to win fights is a trait of great durability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                      Knock downs mean a hell lot more in the heavyweight division.

Come on scotty boy.. I thought a expert like you should know this.

KD'S dont mean much in the lower weights, guys like JMM can just bounce right back up. In the HW Division, constantly suffering KD'S is a serious flaw.
                      ESPECIALLY super heavys...

Example:

If it was even Prime Frank Bruno instead of Sam Peter in Wlad vs Peter I.. I think Bruno would have finished him...

KD'S mean so much at HW.. How can you say it don't 'mean much' ? Just because The Glass went down 13 times or something don't make it right.
                      I don't have to be an expert to know that knockdowns don't count more for big guys. That's a new one for me. Ultimately all that really matters in evaluating greatness is level of opposition and winning/losing. You won't find a record book that counts knockdowns instead.

And Frank Bruno is one of the biggest chokes in heavyweight history. He lost every big fight he was in. The only big fight he won was against McCall, and he was fading fast in that one too. The fact that Wladimir lost three times by KO means something. The knockdown count doesn't.
                      Last edited by Scott9945; 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X