Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sarcasm detector has been trippin' off the hook the last few posts :hahahaha9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Yeah, like every other professional fighter. Watch Froch struggle with a very faded Jermaine Taylor. Get hurt by Andre Direll and Ward. Then come back and seriously tell me how he blows a prime Roy Jones Jr. out.

Yes, Toney was better than Froch. If you argue against that you can't be taken seriously. When Froch moves to cruiserweight and beats a fighter on the level of Jirov, get back to me.
      I didn't know moving to Cruiserweight was relevant to MW and SMW.

You say like any other professional fighter, as if Toney's accuracy wasn't amazing when he had a guy moving to punch. He read punches extremely well, and I have stated in the past that Toney losing RJJ is nothing short of phenomenal on RJJ's part. That doesn't mean that RJJ fights the same vs everyone and clowns Froch as a result. That's ****ing ludicrous.

Styles make fights, and Froch has the tools and the style to beat RJJ imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Roy Jones was the best 168lber ever, and it's not even close.

I think Andre Ward is a terrifc fighter, but he'd have been dominated by Roy. So, there's no need to even discuss how poorly Froch would do in there against him.
        I agree with all of that except that I'm not convinced yet that anybody dominates Andre Ward. He's rendered all of his title fight opponents completely ineffective so far. Of course Froch would be batting practice for Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
          I didn't know moving to Cruiserweight was relevant to MW and SMW.

You say like any other professional fighter, as if Toney's accuracy wasn't amazing when he had a guy moving to punch. He read punches extremely well, and I have stated in the past that Toney losing RJJ is nothing short of phenomenal on RJJ's part. That doesn't mean that RJJ fights the same vs everyone and clowns Froch as a result. That's ****ing ludicrous.

Styles make fights, and Froch has the tools and the style to beat RJJ imo.
          A crude club fighter like Froch isn't beating Roy Jones.....or any other ATG either.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I agree with all of that except that I'm not convinced yet that anybody dominates Andre Ward. He's rendered all of his title fight opponents completely ineffective so far. Of course Froch would be batting practice for Roy.
            You may be right about Ward. He's on the verge of proving to be one of those guys who is smart enough and versatile enough to give anyone a tough fight. Roy would have to work there, though I still think he wins convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              You may be right about Ward. He's on the verge of proving to be one of those guys who is smart enough and versatile enough to give anyone a tough fight. Roy would have to work there, though I still think he wins convincingly.
              The best fighter he has beat is Froch, that certainly doesn't mean you have ATG ability or the skills to make a tough fight with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                The best fighter he has beat is Froch, that certainly doesn't mean you have ATG ability or the skills to make a tough fight with anyone.
                I'm not talking about ATG ability. I'm talking about a puzzle that hasn't been close to being solved, and against decent competition. And the best fighter Ward has beat is Chad Dawson, who he absolutely took apart.

Comment

I'm not talking about ATG ability. I'm talking about a puzzle that hasn't been close to being solved, and against decent competition. And the best fighter Ward has beat is Chad Dawson, who he absolutely took apart.
                  Sorry, an obviously weight drained Dawson isn't better than Froch. Sorry but Wards opponents haven't been very good, Kessler, Froch and Abraham are pretty mediocre competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    James Toney's power was generated through counters and well timed shots. After a few counters he had what he needed and was able to put someone into a position to finish. I'd argue that Froch's natural power > Toney's. I wouldn't disagree that Toney was a smarter fighter(just because of his style but overrall idk), but better? He was more fluid to watch, doesn't necessarily mean better. Completely different styles of fighting even though they both worked on the inside.
                    Froch is such a great inside fighter, reminds me of a bigger Duran when I watch him...

yeah you really know nothing about boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                      Froch is such a great inside fighter, reminds me of a bigger Duran when I watch him...

yeah you really know nothing about boxing...
                      He pushes his way in, and you know what? He's the second best SMW on the planet right now. He'll exchange and brawl. He doesn't have the most gracious footwork, but it works for him. He completely dismantled the #2 SMW with ease. The man is working his ass off to get back Ward. He's doing it the right way, not the way that most guys would. He isn't taking shortcuts and he's doing a damn fine job.

I must not know anything about boxing because I think Roy Jones is overrated. That I feel there are guys out there who would and could pose a lot of problems for him even in his prime. Believe it or not, even SRR lost to guys who he "Would beat with ease" and it didn't happen. This game is not absolute. Of course RJJ is probably the best fantasy fighter of all time. Maybe when he gets KO'd by another nobody you'll realize his skill set has always been lacking and that there are people who could have beat him at any point and time.

Comment

Working...
                      X