Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if tyson had holyfield's heart he would have been the greatest champion ever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Foreman didn't have strategy against Ali, and Ali's style was great against a guy like Foreman. The same couldn't be said for a Tyson, or a SuperTyson which we're discussing here. He would have beaten Ali in this condition. We all know that Ali-homers think he was untouchable, but if they have actually watched his fights, then they know the truth...

Ali was the best, that, I believe. A Tyson with heart would have been better. He could have hurt Ali, he could hurt anybody. And Ali's chin wasn't the strongest when it was met by a clean punch. A Tyson with heart would have landed plenty of clean punches; clean, devastating, punches.

Comment

Butterfly I love Ali, but you are blinded by love. Tyson COULD hurt Ali. Whether he would is another story. And Tyson COULD beat Ali. Whether he would is far another story.

Comment

I agree with you, hellfire. I think that this is precisely the problem when it comes to discussing politics and sports: we tend to let emotions and opinions supercede the facts and possibilities. While these are usually hypothetical scenarios, there are plenty of evidences to support what people suggest. We're not saying that Tyson would own, destroy, knockout, or even defeat Ali; the obviousness of the truth would be that it was more than likely that he could have. Especially if a guy like Frazier did it.

Back to the topic at hand. I think that a Mike Tyson with a Holyfield heart is basically what everybody builds when they play the Fight Night series. I heard recently that EA has not included Tyson in Fight Night 3...again. Blah...

Comment

All these threads about Tyson are getting sooooo old...

Comment

Then don't view them. It's not like your being forced to view anything on this forum.

Comment

Maybe they are getting old, but then discussion about fighters before his time are technically older, aren't they?

Mike Tyson had absolute greatness within his grasp and he opened the window, threw it out, and then farted in the same direction to prevent it from wanting to return. His career is fascinating to boxing fans, and even general sports fans, so chances are, it will never cease to be an important topic of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                tyson couldnt hurt ali.ahahahaha. jus cause george was hitting hard and wild and missing alot doesnt mean tyson will do the same. He was presice with his shots jus look at his hit percentage in the 80's it was almost 50% in every fight plus he bobbed and weaved also to find openings for his opponents not jus for defense.
                norton hit ali alot, so did bonavena, and frazier, and they didn't really hurt him.

Comment

In all fairness, Butterfly, Ali was hurt. The psychological advantage he had over his opponenets was his ability to twist his opponent's perception. Many fighters claimed that they could never tell whether or not Ali was hurt, which made it difficult to gauge where an attack was necessary. Also, a broken jaw would hurt no matter who you are. What this shows is that Ali had tremendous heart.

Also, Tyson's body shots were notorious for causing nausea and even internal bleeding. When he had a plan of attack during his heyday, he attacked the body of a taller person like Rocky did to a hanging piece of meat. That would hurt, no matter who you are. Nonetheless, Ali wins 2/3.

And yeah, a Tyson with the heart of Holyfield would wreck house.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. But the real point is, he didn't have Holyfield's heart.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                      norton hit ali alot, so did bonavena, and frazier, and they didn't really hurt him.

those punches didnt come as fast as tyson always remember speed=power and tyson was already a hardhitter without the speed

Comment

Working...
                      X