Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would PRIME B-Hop fare against Sugar Ray?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    damn ray, you just don't get it. I really don't know why this is so hard to comprehend. no one is debating that Hopkins is greater than Robinson. no one is debating that Robinson has a far more impressive resume and career. again what we're talking about is a head to head match. for you to make the claim that hopkins wouldn't win a single round and wouldn't at least be competitive is absurd. its actually mind boggling.
    Leave him, the old man's lost his marbles. He brings up Calzaghe numerous times yet that wasn't even close to a prime Hopkins and bases his opinion on that

Comment

Old schools get the nod when it comes to these types of fantasy matchups but I believe a prime Hopkins was tough enough to give anyone in any era a tough fight even Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

A 46 year old Robinson would have gotten knocked out by Prime Jean Pascal.

A 42/43 year old Robinson would have gotten stopped by Prime Pavlik.

Comment

I think Hopkins wins.

I could see him getting outworked but not outboxed. But prime hopkins didnt have a problem getting outboxed. SRR wasnt as fast as Jones, Hopkins had trouble landing on Jones but I think he can land on SRR.

People saying SRR would knock out Hopkins are delusional. Why didnt Roy when hes faster, hits harder and is bigger than SRR? Hopkins is 47 and we havent even seen him properly hurt in a 20 year career but he gets stopped in this fight. Yeah right.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
            A 46 year old Robinson would have gotten knocked out by Prime Jean Pascal.

A 42/43 year old Robinson would have gotten stopped by Prime Pavlik.
            If Hopkins had 200 fights he would have had nothing left at that age either. Really not relevant at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              If Hopkins had 200 fights he would have had nothing left at that age either. Really not relevant at all.
              Archie Moore did. It really depends on the individual. But most likely he would not have sustained such a high level of performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                So I mixed up the names of two guys from the 60s who fought Ali big freakin deal!! You still don't know anything about the sport maybe your a writer and just haven't found your calling yet???
                I just pm'd you just block me off and you won't have to listen to my opinions.

Why is every alphabet champion from 1985 to now a "Great Fighter"?
                Aren't their anymore solid contenders or top fifteen competitors!
                Tito
                Oscar
                Floyd
                Manny
                Cotto
                Shane

Dawson
                Hopkins
                Calzaghe
                Jones
                Martinez
                Taylor
                theres 6 men in the WW to LtHvy that are refered to as "great fighters"
                Really 12 in one era??? I haven't gone down below those classes either there should be 10 more atleast. This must be the "golden age of Boxing"???
                Once again the word Great has never been deluted more than on this forum.
                Everyone wants their favorite to be considered great but it takes alot more than fans thinking their great to become great. Your peers and people within the sport have abit more judging ability than a fan does.
                Ofcourse here the fans know so much more than the promotors, refs, judges, trainers, management, commisions and ofcourse the fighters themselves hahahaha!! The same fans they call fighters names like bums, and quiters you know the fan thats never put his toe inside a ring! But then again it doesn't take much to become an All Time Great or a boxing expert. Just join a forum come up with a catchy colorfull name and their you are!! An "EXPERT"! HA!!
                nite kids, play nice! Ray
                You're not listening to anything anyone is saying. why don't you actually debate the points instead of just repeating the same stuff over and over. And you say the same thing in every thread. Every point you make is just "I'm old and you're not so you're STUPID!" Why not prove that you're smarter than us instead of constantly beating your own meat over it?

Also, if you're as old and grizzled as you say, PLEASE learn how to type. Please. Reading your posts is agonizing. Why can you not speak english?

Comment

B hop can pull it off...prime version...not a fight I would bet on...robinson not good with thinkers..or crafty fighters...b hop not well adapt to counter punchers...close fight I think b hop can pull it out...but the over all edge has to go to the greatest...sugar

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    I think Hopkins wins.

I could see him getting outworked but not outboxed. But prime hopkins didnt have a problem getting outboxed. SRR wasnt as fast as Jones, Hopkins had trouble landing on Jones but I think he can land on SRR.

People saying SRR would knock out Hopkins are delusional. Why didnt Roy when hes faster, hits harder and is bigger than SRR? Hopkins is 47 and we havent even seen him properly hurt in a 20 year career but he gets stopped in this fight. Yeah right.
                    Sugar Ray Robinson is arguably better than anyone who Hopkins has fought my friend you must remember.

Also, about your outworked comment, do you think that Robinson would win on points for more offensive output?

Comment

I like the 1952 robinson to beat prime b hop 10 - 5

Comment

Working...
                      X