Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did George Foreman spit at Joe Frazier in their first fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post

A "warrior" after his street fight.. I'm only posting this because of the ridiculousness of your initial comment.
    Lol, nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
      There is a difference between being a thug, and being a warrior.Joe, Mitch, and Larry were warriors.George was a thug.He would not have gotten away with spitting on Joe, believe that, though I understand what you are saying.
      well, I read Foreman's autobiography and he had quite a lot streetfights and Mitch Green was - according to himself - called "Blood" because he was the leader of a gang. So I don't know why you want to know who would beat who in a street fight.

Comment

Why do idiots bring up street fighting? Keep it about the boxing not who would win in a street fight or who is better at rollerblading or whatever. lol at the pic of green though ... Mike showed this supposed street fight King who was boss alright.

Anyway no I don't think George spat at him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post

A "warrior" after his street fight.. I'm only posting this because of the ridiculousness of your initial comment.
          Mitch had lost the eye of the Tiger when he met up with Tyson.A hungry Green would've had Tyson flying for the clouds real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
            Mitch had lost the eye of the Tiger when he met up with Tyson.A hungry Green would've had Tyson flying for the clouds real quick.
            "Who's the master Sissy Mike?!" Then Tyson Bruce LeRoy's him!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              From what I've watched and read about the fight, I gather that Foreman shouted at Joe to 'stay down'. Foreman was concerned that he might cause Frazier some serious damage after the repeated knockdowns.

I think that he also shouted at Frazier's corner to stop the fight.

I don't think there was any real bad blood between the two of them, they seemed to speak respectfully about each other.....and even the sequel wasn't really sold as a grudge match. So I doubt that there was any spitting from Foreman.
              Yeah, I've heard the 'Stay down' story a few times.

Comment

Working...
              X