No announcement yet.

If Ricardo Lopez moved up to flyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    Common Knowledge? . I see you're often presenting your common knowledge that seems not to be common to people around you.
    No. Even prime Sorjaturong wasn't better than Rosendo Alvarez and green Saman that Ricardo Lopez fought wasn't even close.
    WTF??? What did Alvarez ever do that matched Saman's KO win over Humberto Gonzalez and subsequent title defenses?

I don't know how you can say Saman's was green either when he KO'd Gonzalez 2 years after being KO'd by Lopez and didn't have any significant fights in between

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      I saw all Ricardos championship fights and one earlier also and how is his competition far tought than he's given credit for? It's crap in comparision to other great mexicans.
      And he had weaknesses. He was jumping in with his punches so he could've been timed, like he was against Rosendo. He wasn't particulary efficient at counter punching and he wasn't fast either.
      Also what makes you think he was past-prime when he fought Rosendo? 31 is very young for a guy who took almost no punishment in his entire career prior to that and takes care of himself the way he did. Also it has to be said that he looked as great as ever against Alex Sanchez one fight earlier. So logic tells that if something made him look worse against Alvarez, it was the fact that he faced his first HOF level opponent and just couldn't be as effective as he was at lover level.
      He is best strawweight all time no doubt about that, but being the best in by far the weakest historically division doesn't automatically make you the greatest Mexican ever. I don't know all great mexican, but he's nowhere as good as Salvador Sanchez and Chavez Sr, like I said before I also rate him below Morales, Marquez and Barrera, although he's right there with those 3.
      DAMN!! I did not think Rosendo had that kind of clout and I am Nicaraguan. I was underrating I guess. Good ****.

Comment

Working...
      X