No announcement yet.

Vote in boxing.com's HW poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I can't even decide on my first choice. How do I choose between Wladimir and Vitali?
    In before "The Facts" :chuckle9:

Comment

Put my list in there yesterday. The results will be interesting, there were some truly special lists!

Comment

Why no love for the great Jess Willard? He held the title for over four years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Why no love for the great Jess Willard? He held the title for over four years!!!
          He even defended that title twice in those four years. Willard was David Haye's role model.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            I still don't understand why so many people think Tunney is a great heavyweight.
            i think its a conflict of interests, they want to rate dempsey highly, but tunney beat him, so they have to make sure tunnys there too because whats it say when dempseys at #4 and tunneys at #28? but they dont realize that tunny fought only a very few times at heavy and relativly did very little at it. so those in the know know its perfectly fine to rate dempsey much higher then tunney. while the average boxing fan that sees a list with dempsey and not tunney might have problems understanding how it could possibly be a good list.

id imagine similar things happen with average fans and tyson/douglas voting douglas into top ten simply because tysons there.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              i think its a conflict of interests, they want to rate dempsey highly, but tunney beat him, so they have to make sure tunnys there too because whats it say when dempseys at #4 and tunneys at #28? but they dont realize that tunny fought only a very few times at heavy and relativly did very little at it. so those in the know know its perfectly fine to rate dempsey much higher then tunney. while the average boxing fan that sees a list with dempsey and not tunney might have problems understanding how it could possibly be a good list.

id imagine similar things happen with average fans and tyson/douglas voting douglas into top ten simply because tysons there.
              Spinks is arguably better than Tunney at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                I think I (and many others) rank Tunney higher than his record indicates for several reasons.

1. He retired at the peak of his career. He retired at 30/31 rich, undefeated in his last 40 or so fights in order to marry a very rich socialite.

2. He arguably could have dominated the heavyweight division for another 3 -5 years fighting 4+ fights per year. He moved up to the heavyweight division when he was 27 or so.

3. When he retired there was no one in his class - either in light heavy or heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  thats your opinion, id personally put money on tunney against any version of ali.

similar to louis vs conn but with tunney winning.

Comment

Lol someone has Buster Douglas higher than Joe Louis

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                      I think I (and many others) rank Tunney higher than his record indicates for several reasons.

1. He retired at the peak of his career. He retired at 30/31 rich, undefeated in his last 40 or so fights in order to marry a very rich socialite.

2. He arguably could have dominated the heavyweight division for another 3 -5 years fighting 4+ fights per year. He moved up to the heavyweight division when he was 27 or so.

3. When he retired there was no one in his class - either in light heavy or heavy.
                      How is that relevant?

Spinks has just as good a resume as Tunney at heavyweight, no-one ranks Spinks anywhere near the Top 20 though.

Comment

Working...
                      X