No announcement yet.

Idea for for new forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
    Couldn't you guys just reopen the old VIP section?
    agreed, no need for a new section, just update the old.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      ive allways thought that the whole team classic was akin to a bunch of 3rd graders making a club, this dosnt sound much diffrent.

and really the whole 3 strikes your out rule should apply to the whole forum, not just your little group. and to go with this i feel the effort put into creating and maintaining this could be much better spent improving the entire forum instead of making a group to feel 1337 while you alienate new comers.

though overall im sure there are people out there that would be really interested in this and it sounds like a great idea for them, just not me.
      Then you don't have to worry about it.

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
      Sounds like a good idea to me Couldn't you guys just reopen the old VIP section? I think that place died ages back, the people who your supposed to get passwords off don't even seem to post here anymore
      Thats essentially what Im doing... just re-hashing the way members get in.

Comment

It's:

No, I could care less about today's boxing.

like what does it mean to you if i said "I couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do"?

does it mean that i rate jack johnson at the bottom of the barrel? No. it means that he deserves to be where i rate him and if anything id rate him higher.

now what does it mean to you if i said " I could rate Jack Johnson Lower then i do"?

dose it mean that i rate jack johnson at the top of the ladder and the only place to go is down? No. it means i rate him where i rate him but a good argument could easily sway me to rate him lower.

get it?

cause personally I couldnt care less as this is an important topic that i rather enjoy.
        This is just one of those sayings that most Americans will never get. I'm American and it's astounding how many people I hear say "I could care less." Drives me nuts and they just keep saying it no matter how many times I correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
          All four of us are equals, and take eachother into consideration for everything.

With that said.. I am working on a vip section where only OG posters will be allowed in, however it will be a combination of lounge and boxing talk.

But it will be a no flaming section... 3 strikes you're out kind of thing. Making an alt would do nothing, your account has to be given access by an admin.
          That sounds awesome! That would be great if you guys could make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            This is just one of those sayings that most Americans will never get. I'm American and it's astounding how many people I hear say "I could care less." Drives me nuts and they just keep saying it no matter how many times I correct it.
            how do you know they arnt saying "i Could Careless"? as careless means to be carefree.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
              Then you don't have to worry about it.

Thats essentially what Im doing... just re-hashing the way members get in.
              Ahh, that's awesome man. That place has been in need of a revamp for a while, glad you guys are working on it

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                I understand the difference but then again I have a degree in English lol. The one that drives me nuts is "irregardless".....no, it's just "regardless". "Irregardless" is essentially a double-negative :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

So did I make sense with "I could not care less about modern boxing" if I meant "I do not give a damn about modern boxing"?

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    So did I make sense with "I could not care less about modern boxing" if I meant "I do not give a damn about modern boxing"?

Makes total sense, as they are both same thing.

Even though I know "I couldn't care less" is the proper way to let people know I'm not interested ....I don't get upset when someone else says "I could care less"- because I know what they mean.

Comment

how do you know they arnt saying "i Could Careless"? as careless means to be carefree.
                      Because that's stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X