Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler of 86 vs Rodrigo Valdez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valdez is overrated, and always has been, just because he happens to be the best Middleweight on Monzon's ledger. The guy was no world beater. Get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Valdez is overrated, and always has been, just because he happens to be the best Middleweight on Monzon's ledger. The guy was no world beater. Get used to it.
      he was better than hagler doe

Comment

Valdez never had a signature win against an elite level fighter. His claim to fame were his losses to Monzon. Hagler breaks him down and stops him in late rounds.

Comment

- -I would agree prime Marv beats prime Valdez, but the proposed fight is at the end of his career vs Valdez who was operating at a higher level at his end.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Valdez never had a signature win against an elite level fighter. His claim to fame were his losses to Monzon. Hagler breaks him down and stops him in late rounds.
            struggled with bum mugabi doe and then lost to ray leonards ghost

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
              struggled with bum mugabi doe and then lost to ray leonards ghost
              Mugabi was a bum? The silver medal in the 1980 olympics and one badass as a pro and you call him a bum? Along with your other BS it is easy to see that your ignorance is pretty thick..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Mugabi was a bum? The silver medal in the 1980 olympics and one badass as a pro and you call him a bum? Along with your other BS it is easy to see that your ignorance is pretty thick..........Rockin'
                great prospect. really was. and gave a decent account of himself.

BUT..

what happened after that? mugabi doesnt have any heart at all.
                the talent was there but he had the heart of a bum.

i would be less harsh if he lacked talent but gave his all tbh.

Comment

great prospect. really was. and gave a decent account of himself.

BUT..

what happened after that? mugabi doesnt have any heart at all.
                  the talent was there but he had the heart of a bum.

i would be less harsh if he lacked talent but gave his all tbh.
                  So a descent account in the pros equals you're a bum? ........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    So a descent account in the pros equals you're a bum? ........Rockin'
                    did you even read what i said?

Comment

did you even read what i said?
                      I did. And you saying that he "gave a decent account of himself" equals bum?

Losing to Marvin Hagler, Terry Norris and Gerald McClellan means that you were a bum? Duane Thomas was not the best but he was no bum either.

I just think that your standards are set to high. He is not included in any P4P all time greats but to call him a bum is ridiculous. I would say that Hagler, an ATG, had a hard time with Mugabi.

I just think that calling him a bum is too farfetched.

And do you realize that one fight can change any fighter......Rockin'
                      Last edited by Rockin'; 10-30-2020, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X