Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bob Foster one punch KO Marvin Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    Hagler had a middleweight body with a heavyweight chin, at heavyweight it would be average. Hagler would definitely not walk through fosters punches but I don't see haggler being knocked out with 1 punch. I think foster finishes him after 2 or 3 knockdowns or the ref jumping in, coz foster punches WOULD hurt haggler. Hagler at that weight though would give his bowling ball head some extra shock absorbers
    If you study the history of the sport fighters with excellent chins usually get put down with they go down in weight more often when they go down in weight. If Duran fought Hearns at 160 instead of 154 he likely would have lasted more than two rounds.

Bob Foster with great LHW puncher, however, guys like Bob Fitzsimmons and even Roy Jones carried their power further divisions than Foster. Sam Langford took his power from lightweight all the way up to HW. Remember, Ali was laughing off Foster's best shots while doing mock wobble dances, all the shots were flush on Ali. To his credit, ALi was cut, but he ate the punches. Nobody laughed off Hearns punches from the WW all the way up to the Cruiser division. Yes, Hearns carried his power up to the cruisers, he was a greater puncher than Foster.

I think a better thread is if Hagler went down to 154 could he handle the power of Julian Jackson, that i believe would have been a greater challenge.

IMHO, Foster could have hurt Hagler, but i think he could have taken the punch, get fazed, than in a few seconds recover.

Comment

personally, i don't think he would.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
        This theory was discussed in detail in the book "Sorcery at Caesars" in which Marantz talks about Hagler's unusual temporalis muscles in both temples of his head. Hagler's temporalis muscles were four times thicker than normal which Marantz describes as a 'helmet.' This was discovered during a medical exam. However, i tend to put more credence on his excellent conditioning which allowed him to take blows from all angles and vicious body shots. Remember, the Mugabi body shots had Hagler urinating blood for days, but he still took those shots. However, the abnormal temporalis muscles may help explain the Haglersteelchin.
        Wow got Red k for this post. I admit some may take it as race baiting, but it was written in the actual book.

Comment

As great as Hagler's chin was, it was at middleweight, and I think
          Bob could cold**** him at LHY easily.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Anything is possible but I would back Hagler's chin over Foster's amazing power.
            Me too.. Purely on the fact that Foster dominated in a particularly weak era ..

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Foster could KO anyone at 175.
              Foster could bang, if Hagler walks into a bomb he could go down at 175.

Comment

if u seen what foster did to tiger, u know he could flatten any 160lb with one shot. trick would b to get haggler in there with the much bigger foster in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
                  if u seen what foster did to tiger, u know he could flatten any 160lb with one shot. trick would b to get haggler in there with the much bigger foster in the first place
                  Tiger was 38 yrs old, and died of liver cancer when he was 42, so
                  therefore should'nt be compared to any version of Hagler..

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                    If you study the history of the sport fighters with excellent chins usually get put down with they go down in weight more often when they go down in weight. If Duran fought Hearns at 160 instead of 154 he likely would have lasted more than two rounds.

Bob Foster with great LHW puncher, however, guys like Bob Fitzsimmons and even Roy Jones carried their power further divisions than Foster. Sam Langford took his power from lightweight all the way up to HW. Remember, Ali was laughing off Foster's best shots while doing mock wobble dances, all the shots were flush on Ali. To his credit, ALi was cut, but he ate the punches. Nobody laughed off Hearns punches from the WW all the way up to the Cruiser division. Yes, Hearns carried his power up to the cruisers, he was a greater puncher than Foster.

I think a better thread is if Hagler went down to 154 could he handle the power of Julian Jackson, that i believe would have been a greater challenge.

IMHO, Foster could have hurt Hagler, but i think he could have taken the punch, get fazed, than in a few seconds recover.
                    Interesting post. Green K

Comment

''Tiger was 38 yrs old, and died of liver cancer when he was 42, so
                      therefore should'nt be compared to any version of Hagler''
                      omg u right. good god dam thing tiger didn't fight foster when he was 42 else he done really bin fkkd. hahaha, any way u slice it nobody euthanized tiger like that ever. foster hit like a truck and was a solid 175lb. haggler was solid n born to fight at 160 and nobody that size eats fosters bombs without goin to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X