No announcement yet.

Myung Woo-Yuh and Jung Koo-Chang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myung Woo-Yuh and Jung Koo-Chang

Anyone know why these 2 didn't fight each other ?, can't find much information on it myself, 2 of the best boxers ever fighting out of South Korea, both titlists at the same time and both just greatly skilled, styles would make for a great fight as well.
    Last edited by NChristo; 01-21-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I recently saw an interview done with Chang during his IBHOF introduction and this question came up.

The translator wasn't the best, but I remember Chang saying that a roadblock was that Chang was with KBS (Korean Broadcasting System) and that Yuh was with MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation).

The interviewer also asked if it was a possibility that the country preferred to have two champions rather than one, but IIRF he either chose not to answer it or it was lost during the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
        I recently saw an interview done with Chang during his IBHOF introduction and this question came up.

The translator wasn't the best, but I remember Chang saying that a roadblock was that Chang was with KBS (Korean Broadcasting System) and that Yuh was with MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation).

The interviewer also asked if it was a possibility that the country preferred to have two champions rather than one, but IIRF he either chose not to answer it or it was lost during the translation.
        Thanks a lot, shame, if they did fight though I'd see Chang winning pretty decisively, can't see Myung beating him .
        Last edited by NChristo; 01-22-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

never saw either fight but if memory serves me right, Changs prime was a few years before Yuhs. I would have loved to see Yuh fight. When Gonszales was fighting Carbahal, lots of boxing insiders were claiming Yuh could beat both

Comment

Chang was before Yuh by a few years. Not much, and I think it would have been an amazing fight. Chang I believe would have won though. It's a pity Chang wasn't born five years later. He could have been in his prime against Gonzalez, Yuh, Carbajal, even Lopez maybe.

What a great era. Nonetheless, I think the era of Chang was actually better all around than Gonzalez and Carbajal's anyway.

Chang is one of my all time favourites. His fights with Hideyuki Ohashi (or something like that), Torres, Chitalada (which he should have won easily....still can't, to this day, figure that one out; he simply beat the guy in his own hometown and his own people robbed him of a win that was genuinely his! Bizarre), and especially Katsuo Toshika (or something like that). Amazing.

Wonder what would have happened between him and Gonzalez were he in his prime...?

One of the saddest days in boxing history belongs to Chang in my opinion. He was a legend at the end of his days. His retirement was well and truly upon him, and he had actually announced his retirement before his last fight. However, in his very last fight, giving one great final hurrah, he decided to fight his 'conquerors' conqueror. In his farewell fight, he fought one last great fight, knocking down the two division champ Kittikasem 3 times and going into the final he decided to go for his final legendary win, by grand, history making KO...and got caught badly and knocked out just before the final bell.

Sad ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              One of the saddest days in boxing history belongs to Chang in my opinion. He was a legend at the end of his days. His retirement was well and truly upon him, and he had actually announced his retirement before his last fight. However, in his very last fight, giving one great final hurrah, he decided to fight his 'conquerors' conqueror. In his farewell fight, he fought one last great fight, knocking down the two division champ Kittikasem 3 times and going into the final he decided to go for his final legendary win, by grand, history making KO...and got caught badly and knocked out just before the final bell.

Sad ****e.
              Uploaded it a while a go, sad day indeed but such a great fight.

Comment

Yuh was a great fighter, one of my favorites, but I would not favor him over Carbajal or Gonzalez.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  Uploaded it a while a go, sad day indeed but such a great fight.
                  Yeah, great fight indeed. I always found it sad to see a great fighter go out badly though. It was so close to being a great ending to a great career for him and fighting one last legendary fight in his hometown, but instead he gets knocked out in the final 30 seconds or whatever in a round he was winning to that point and would have won him the fight....It was as bad as seeing old Kostya get mauled by Hatton and screwed by the ref in Manchester and just looking done in.

Don't even want to talk about Ali or Duran or Jones today etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Yeah, great fight indeed. I always found it sad to see a great fighter go out badly though. It was so close to being a great ending to a great career for him and fighting one last legendary fight in his hometown, but instead he gets knocked out in the final 30 seconds or whatever in a round he was winning to that point and would have won him the fight....It was as bad as seeing old Kostya get mauled by Hatton and screwed by the ref in Manchester and just looking done in.

Don't even want to talk about Ali or Duran or Jones today etc.
                    At least we have Carbajal, greatest ending to a career in the history of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X