No announcement yet.

one of boxing's biggest shames, no footage of the Grebster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    To be fair though, the training footage discovered in the 90s looks very good in terms of clarity, a fight film stored as well would not look much worse. Hell, I've seen some really grainy Jack Johnson fights..........even some footage of Corbett vs Fitzimmons which predates Greb's prime by what? 25 years?

My prediction is that something will eventually show up, but we might end up being disappointed with the results.
    I would imagine the Fitz and Johnson films were transferred long before the 90s. Got a memory that the film used in that era only last top end of 70 years or so. Our only hope is a collector who has transferred it to newer film is keeping it for himself and eventually it gets released. Think long lost film might be beyond salvage now

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      I would imagine the Fitz and Johnson films were transferred long before the 90s. Got a memory that the film used in that era only last top end of 70 years or so. Our only hope is a collector who has transferred it to newer film is keeping it for himself and eventually it gets released. Think long lost film might be beyond salvage now
      We'll just have to wait until they figure out time travel.

Comment

Yeah, it is definitely a shame, especially considering his unique style. But you never know, just a few years ago someone found footage of Babe Ruth’s “called shot”.

Comment

which is insane considering how many fights he had. the only thing we have is footage of opponents (like mickey and tunney) from which to deduce from.

someone needs to go on a treasure hunt in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
          X