No announcement yet.

fight fix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
    im guessing you feel kind of dumb after googling it...
    What surveys have shown what internet does to some people:

Google if the Earth is flat.
    You got 100 pages telling you, the Earth is round.
    But on page 101, one post says it is flat.
    The poor ones who believe the Earth is flat will get stronger in their belief.

Comment

"Paranoia strikes deep in the heartland..."

Why the obsession with "fixed" fights? And why THAT one?? Moorer vs Foreman??

What else? The "fix" was in when Big George tumbled against Ali? He deliberately got himself lumped up against Alex Stewart? Joe Frazier was practicing hops and flops to prepare for a fixed loss and a set of knockdowns?

Tommy Morrison simply fought one of the best fights of his life against George, and listened to his trainers. Move. Hit. Stay away. Any time George got close, Tommy moved away. Stick and move.

The Moorer fight? George hit HARD. That slow motion KO punch detonated. Moorer wasn't a good actor and he wasn't faking when he was lying on his back, totally gooned. PS, the fight wasn't held in Roswell, New Mexico.

George humbly prayed in his corner when he won. No gangster was over there stuffing hundred dollar bills in his glove. Nobody questioned the fight at the time. Usually a questionable fight has people instantly asking questions, as they did over Ali vs Liston 2 for example or Jack Johnson shading his eyes as he lay on the canvas.

Comment

Lol, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilynoah918 View Post
          Lol, I don't think so.
          - -U no think so much?

Comment

I can see why some might think comeback Foreman had fixed fights, I mean boxing had still has fixed fights. Comeback Foreman laid opponents out with arm punches, but you gotta understand that he was a genetic freak and only he was capable of doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              Where do we get 'em? They just keep showing up from lala land.
              I haven't been around here all that long, but I feel it's long enough to say, man....actually, that is all I can come up with , just...man.
              Three links here. I created a thread* back in June based on an interesting article** I'd randomly came across regarding the legitimacy of the "Comeback." Third link*** Beginning of the 10th round in HD 60fps (boxing matches are absolutely beautiful when watched in 60 frames per second).
              George Foreman legitimately knocked Michael Moorer out. As Lampley called it, "It happened! It happened!" MIchael Moorer wasn't anty sorta Superman. He wasn't even a legit heavyweight, he was a Michael Spinks type situation. Even going in to this fight, people wouldn't be shocked to see Foreman stop Moorer, as it was going to be the one and only way he could win this fight. What would be seen as shocking was Moorer doing something that would allow George the opportunity to catch him and most, for what are usually pretty solid reasons, didn't think George c/would "catch" him, or that Moorer would likely present the opportunity to Foreman to win the fight in pretty much the only way he had a possibility to do so, although in the end, it is pretty much exactly what happened, boxing irony in full force. It certainly does not look like the most devastating of shots in the majority of angles shown during the slo mo replays, but there's one angle that really lays it out there, that the punch was real and really devastating. Moorer has claimed, in the linked article as well as in the "HBO: Legendary Nights" documentary series that the punch broke his mouthguard/gumshield and also caused a cut requiring 20+ stitches to close up, as evidenced by the blood seen coming from Moorer's mouth when he hits the canvas on his back and the camera shot goes above ring looking down on Moorer. Also, it doesn't hurt that Foreman caught Moorer with the same sequence about ten secs prior to the knockdown, which can be seen to put a bit of a hinch in his step.
              Anyhow, if you choose to read the links, do enjoy
              Mario
              *https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=821179

**http://www.mombu.com/sports/t-moore-...n-6302080.html

***https://youtu.be/29KsTl-WSlQ?list=PL...EFvmbxX&t=1716
              Last edited by Mario040481; 12-11-2019, 04:16 PM. Reason: edtorial cleaning up of spelling/punctuation/ base grammar type thingies majiggy

Comment

Working...
              X