Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxings best win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frazier's win over Ali was up there. Both were the undisputed, undefeated heavyweight champions in a super bout that the whole world watched.

Comment

People are rating Louis win against Schmeling over Schmeling's win against Louis ?. What.

Sammy Angott over Pep is one I rarely see come up.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        People are rating Louis win against Schmeling over Schmeling's win against Louis ?. What.

Sammy Angott over Pep is one I rarely see come up.
        In terms of significance and global attention it was but I can see where you are coming from. Great win for Schmeling that proved he was the best of champs between Tunney and Louis.

Comment

How about Randy Turpin beating Sugar Ray Robinson? As a complete outsider he beat arguably the greatest fighter ever, in his prime and undefeated in eight years and 90+ bouts.

Comment

Ali beating Foreman might beat it, because it was a rather large event as well AND Ali was a big underdog.

But being a part of one of if not THE biggest sporting event ever, and winning, certainly qualifies.

Comment

Joe beat the closest thing to a prime Ali, enough said.

Comment

Duran-Leonard 1 for me. FOTC is going to be a popular pick for obvious reasons, but I genuinely think that that win turned Duran from a great lightweight champion to a shoe-in top 10 ATG.

Comment

I think Ali-Foreman is the most iconic, but Johnson-Jeffries had the largest impact.

Comment

there is no such thing as a ''boxing best win''

with that said, I believe the most impressive wins in the history are the ones unexpected where the underdog comes out on top over great foes
                    Last edited by Tiozzo; 11-10-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

For me, it'll always be Louis beating Schmeling in the second fight. The USA's representative won over Nazi Germany. Everybody stopped and listened to that fight, and when Joe won, there were parties all over the country. The patriotism and love felt for Joe Louis always moved me. It's even more special since he was the first black champ since Johnson, and people still loved him.

Comment

Working...
                      X