No announcement yet.

A story from Four Kings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    Haha damn. I always only worried about the essentials. I always like to make sure I see the important fights of a fighter and if I have time later then go deeper so ive seen of course the Leonard fights even the last one, saw hearns ice him and hagler take him and I watched half the first buchannon fight which was good and then drifted off ha any fights in particular that really define him that I must watch? I won't mind watching em either its not like having to force myself to watch holyfield ruiz or tyson fights that went the distance because they kept holding him ha durans a scrapper!
    Well, the DeJesus trilogy is a must: Duran in his prime at Lightweight versus an ATG opponent :cool9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
      Haha damn. I always only worried about the essentials. I always like to make sure I see the important fights of a fighter and if I have time later then go deeper so ive seen of course the Leonard fights even the last one, saw hearns ice him and hagler take him and I watched half the first buchannon fight which was good and then drifted off ha any fights in particular that really define him that I must watch? I won't mind watching em either its not like having to force myself to watch holyfield ruiz or tyson fights that went the distance because they kept holding him ha durans a scrapper!
      Enjoy the trailer...

"When the final bell sounded, Leonard reached out and tried to tap Duran
      with his glove, but Cholo appeared to ignore the gesture. Both boxers were
      quickly engulfed in a mass of humanity as cornermen, posses, and officials
      poured into the ring.
      When Duran reached his corner I saw him suddenly wheel and, pointing
      to his own genitals, unleash an incomprehensible torrent in Spanish.
      “What did Roberto say? ” I asked my pal Jose Torres, the former lightheavyweight
      champion.
      “He called him, you know, a *****,” said Torres. “A ****.”
      Leonard Gardner seemed to think that Duran was addressing his remarks
      to Wilfredo Benitez, while my own impression was that he had been
      looking right at Sugar Ray when he did it. As it turned out we were both
      wrong. Cholo’s invective was directed toward Roger Leonard.
      “Right after the bell rang, Roger came charging out of the corner, running
      straight at Duran,” said Ray. Duran responded pretty much the way
      he had to Pedro Mendoza’s wife and dropped Roger in his tracks with a
      single punch.
      “Duran just nailed him,” said Ray. “There was so much confusion in the
      ring that not a lot of people even saw it happen.” '

Comment

Working...
      X