No announcement yet.

Keith Holmes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    he was a big middleweight I never saw him fight at 154 but he must have been huge. I believe he was between 6'2-6'3.

Anyways, he was a good fighter. As for the hopkins fight, I don't know where holmes was in his career as far as prime goes but he was decent enough to go the distance and hopkins had to make it an ugly fight. If I remember correctly, uncharacteristically hopkins kept hitting low. I think hopkins felt Holmes trunks were too high or something but hopkins was in jeopardy of getting DQ'd, which obviously would have changed the course of history. It wasn't those sneaky little low blows hopkins does from time to time in a clinch with the ref on the other side, they were regular body shots. Almost like a Golota moment but not nearly as blatant as hopkins kept getting warned but kept doing it.

Another interesting fight for that time period would have been Antwun Echols vs Keith Holmes.
    Yes, that woulda been a good fight. And Borenard was famous for his dirty antics, one of the reasons I dislike him.

Comment

Working...
    X