Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best chin in Heavyweight ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George chuvalo had a great chin, but i have to agree with the most ppl, Ali had the greatest chin, he fought 15 rounds with a broken jaw and at an age way past his prime, he took hammering shots from foreman and didn't stagger for a second...So Ali's chin was proven against all tests....

Comment

How about Mercer.

Comment

Fighting through a broken jaw proves that you are mentally as tough as nails, but not that you neccesarily have the best chin. Ali had a very good chin but what was truly phenomenal was his recovery and its part of the reason (his great reflexes and mobility being the other) that I think he was as close to knockout proof as they come.

Don't forget, he had been dropped and hurt several times throughout his career. I'd say his chin was as good but no better than Holmes' or Marciano's.

I'd put my money on Cobb. Earnie Shavers (thought by many experts to be THE hardest hitting heavyweight puncher of all time) threw everything he had at Cobb, who had a terrible defense, and only managed to damage his hands in the process.

Ali looked like he took a lot of damage against Foreman but most of those shots weren't clean. The ones Shavers landed on Cobb were.

Comment

Mitch "blood" Green

Comment

ali didnt have a better chin than chuvalo nobody did.ali was never caught by a even decent punch to the chin by foreman but yet he claimed to be out on his feet 3 or 4 times..chuvalo tooked foremans best punches and never went down.he took fraziers best and never went down.quarrys best ect ect ect.the man never went down.ali did so his chin is still great but not the greatest.same with foremans and a bunch of other fighters you could name

Comment

Originally posted by lmnorw
              ali was never caught by a even decent punch to the chin by foreman but yet he claimed to be out on his feet 3 or 4 times..
              round 6 right uppercut.... ali laying on the ropes, but ropes don't help much against an uppercut...just look at his face

Comment

foreman was dead tired by the 6th round and you know this and i know this and who ever watched the fight knows this..but chuvalo was bombed on the whole fight and never got knocked down and chuvalo had limited skills so he was hit by everybody alot of times so his body broke down quicker than ali did probably and yet he still never went down.very few fighters could be hit by a prime foreman frazier and quarry over and over and over and not be dropped..the man was damn tough and had the greatest chin in heavyweight history

Comment

Lousey fighter but great chin, Tex Cobb of course. Didn't Ali fight a title fight with a broken jaw from yhe 2nd round on?

Comment

Ali, Chuvalo, Foreman...it's hard to put them in any order.

Comment

why do people like that moron keep comparing marcianos chin with real all time greats chins?he never people who could hit like foreman shavers cooney frazier tyson ect ect ect.any of those guys would of murdered him.and cobb had a good chin but besides shavers who hit him hard?and by the way shavers in no way hits harder than foreman.i think ali would know more about that than you or I..seeing that fact he faced both and shavers landed punch after punch against a washed up ali and foreman only landed glancing blows against a younger better ali and said foreman hits alot harder..hmmm foremans glancing punchers hurts alot more than shavers bombs..whats does that say about foremans power?and chuvalo was hit by at least 20 punches in a row by foreman and never went down.so chuvalo has the best chin period.but if you are going to go for the best chin of any guy who was knocked down then it would have to be foreman.foreman went down 2 times to lyle in the same round but besides lyle who else hurt foreman?he was hit by 25 straight punches by a young 28 year old undefeated holyfield and just pushed him away.can you imagine any other fighter getting pounded with 25 unanswered punchers by that holyfield and not at least going down?tyson went down on fall less and was fighting a shot holyfield..holyfield downed bowe with one punch in their 3rd fight..he basically made lewis run like a girl their 2 fights..a eroded holyfield knocked down the strong chin mercer with one punch in their fights but he couldnt hurt a old foreman..i rest my case..ali chin isnt as good as foremans.and why do some people list mccall?who was he ever hit by?wow he sparred with tyson and never went down and?they wear headgears in sparring..and not to bash tyson but i will have to bring up foreman again foreman at 42 hurt holyfields with jabs and tyson couldnt even hurt holyfield power shots..you know how tyson knocked you out?from fear..most of the people he fought believed the media hype..once people stop falling for that tyson began to get his azz kicked..his punch is hard but not as hard as people make out.when mccall fights a big puncher and gets tagged and walks through it then you can say he has a great chin until then you dont know

Comment

Working...
                      X