Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best chin in Heavyweight ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for double post but i meant Tiger force.

Comment

• Chuvalo, to quote a Muhammed Ali documentary that i've got "Chuvalo could probably go 15 rounds with a tank".

Comment

• Ali/Chuvalo

Comment

• what about Jess Willard?

25 rounds of severe beating by Jack Johnson before scoring a 26th round K.O. win (pardon my English); got his jaw and 3 rips broken against Jack Dempsey in the first round (did I forget Willards 3 teeth hit away and his closed eye) and fought on for 2 more rounds.

Comment

• rocky marciano had the best chin in ANY division. only knocked down twice, never stopped, and only showed that he was hurt against walcott and charles.

Comment

• Foreman and Ali.

Comment

• Willard is another good one. Ali and Foreman were both dropped and hurt several times throughout their career, some of those times by not so great punchers. Yeah they had good chins, but nothing like Chuvalo, Cobb, McCall or willard.

Comment

• Ali had the best chin.

Comment

• Vitali Klitscho has a strong chin, dr iron chin aint it ??

Comment

• no specfic order Evander, frazier, Marciano, ALi, McCall.

Has to be a better difinition from having a good jaw and heart and courage.
                      Willard took the worst beating ever because of no neutral corner rule. He was definitely tough and had plenty of heart. Dempsey has been considered a hard punching Heavy Champ, but was only 187 pounds vs 250 pund Willard. Plus, he went down just on a single punch so definately not the best jaw.

I dont agree on the fact you have a good jaw if you get up after a knock down. How many times Tito Trindad get up after getting whacked. Joe Grimm was counted out once in his career. He had like a -0-65-2 record. He weighed 165 vs 210lb Jack Johnson before Johnson was champ. Grimm got knocked down more than dozen times in that fight but never knocked out. How do you score a fight like that?

HolyField
                      Anyone see the bomb Holyfield ate against Bowe. He went down only once in the whole series! A great trilogy I think that most have forgotten about.

Marciano just for the amount of punishment he took. He did go down twice but does shots were on the button and when he was off balanced. You ever seen a pic where his nose was split in half...

McCall, the guy never seemed to get hurt at all. I think he has the best jaw out of all these guys or maybe cuz he was just crazy.

Ali had a great jaw, tough, and determined. Broke his jaw rd 1 against norton and went the distance. Foreman never hit Ali clean to the head but the body shots had to smart too.

Frazier Only time he went down was against Foreman after several BOMBS landed.
                      Chuvalo has tough but he went down in the 15th rd w/ Ali. Frazier never went down against Ali in 3 wars. Who you think Ali tried to hurt more, Chuvalo or Frazier?

Edit: I got to add Ray Mercer. Writing this makes me realize how low heavyweight boxing has sunk.
                      Last edited by ricecrispi; 06-09-2005, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X