No announcement yet.

Dempsey vs. Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
    when you have time, go on yahoo and accept me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
      when you have time, go on yahoo and accept me.
      Fine.

Comment

Fine.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=112081

Comment

What a great match up. I like Dempsey in this match up. His explosive starts give him a chance of hurting or possibly even stopping Marciano early. Dempsey was a great puncher but he could also be a great boxer and technician - see his fights against Carpentier and Gibbons. Dempsey had excellent lateral movement and was great at tucking his chin behind his left shoulder, and moving out of the range of punches. This would aid aim in defending against Marciano's great right hand. Tunney said that Dempsey was very difficult to hit cleanly on the jaw i.e. knock out. The key for Dempsey is to be aggressive but not careless early on when Marciano is at his most venerable. Don't walk into any big ammunition like as against Firpo, as Marciano was a far better finisher that the Wild Bull. The inside fighting in this fight would be awesome. Dempsey with his tremendous left hook to the body and uppercuts and Marciano with his great power, work rate and total hatred of being tied up. Very close fight, but if Marciano's great nights can include being knocked down and comfortably beaten by Walcott for 12 rounds, badly cut up by Charles, and knocked down by Moore, Dempsey should be able to account for him. Yes, Marciano recovered from all these situations to inflict KO defeats but Dempsey is a far superior fighter-puncher to these guys with enough mongrel and nous to take the bout.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00 View Post
              Well the fact that Johnson would go home and change his suits like twice a day, and Dempsey fought so he could eat should really tip you off too who had it worse....
              being a slave is the worst thing u can be ...and if johnson didn fight he could always fall back on being a slave and get food huh?..if dempsey had it that bad he could of been somebodies slave to get food but who the **** would wanna be a slave get beat till you back bled watch you family get raped.. white people just dont get it even afer all these years thats why things wll never change until every body is mixed

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
                being a slave is the worst thing u can be ...and if johnson didn fight he could always fall back on being a slave and get food huh?..if dempsey had it that bad he could of been somebodies slave to get food but who the **** would wanna be a slave get beat till you back bled watch you family get raped.. white people just dont get it even afer all these years thats why things wll never change until every body is mixed
                I think slavery was abolished in 1865, which would mean that probably Johnson was never or would become a slave.

Comment

I think slavery was abolished in 1865, which would mean that probably Johnson was never or would become a slave.
                  his parents were former slaves.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                    his parents were former slaves.
                    That doesn't mean that he had a harder life than Dempsey.

Comment

That doesn't mean that he had a harder life than Dempsey.
                      shut the **** up

Comment

Working...
                      X