Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great short fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just dawned on me that I have done something unforgivable – and I must do something before it’s too late to change.

If I am letting the masses be unaware of this destructive performance – probably unmatched throughout the history – I would not only rob you from seeing one piece of invaluable boxing history – a mortal sin that would book me a one way ticket to the eternal fire, it would also make me feel the wrath of the mighty Kalule himself.

To spare myself from the horrific pain and misery that it would cause, I give you this:

If someone still somehow needs an explanation of why this fight qualifies – well, it’s Kalule – greatness personified.

And shame on you Bat for not bringing this fight up in the opening post!

Do you want us all cursed and risking eternal damnation? Maybe you just wanted the thread to live a little longer before making everything else look like crap and being totally unwatchable in comparison to this marvelous performance?

If it’s the latter; smart move, very smart, and I am sure Kalule will show you mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
      Meh…

Replace it with Villaflor – Shibata II instead.

How can you not like manny-hatton,, yes it was a brutal one sided beatdown, but nobody saw that coming the way it happened, plus it was a one punch ko or a lineal title, and hatton's only loss at 140...

I had picked manny to win because of the hand speed, but never in a million years would i imagine him thrashing hatton the way he did... probably manny's greatest performance ever

P.S. Thanks or all the sweet videos uploaded on here.. Im on my ancient mac book pro, its so old that he takes forever to load a video, but once home im going to get on my Ipad Air, and watch all these fights you loaded.. Some i have never seen, some havent seen in years,, thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        How can you not like manny-hatton,, yes it was a brutal one sided beatdown, but nobody saw that coming the way it happened, plus it was a one punch ko or a lineal title, and hatton's only loss at 140...

I had picked manny to win because of the hand speed, but never in a million years would i imagine him thrashing hatton the way he did... probably manny's greatest performance ever

P.S. Thanks or all the sweet videos uploaded on here.. Im on my ancient mac book pro, its so old that he takes forever to load a video, but once home im going to get on my Ipad Air, and watch all these fights you loaded.. Some i have never seen, some havent seen in years,, thanks again
        Relax! I never said that I didn't like the Pacquiao - Hatton fight. I just said that you could replace it in a jokingly way because it's almost a carbon copy of Villaflor's knockout over Shibata.

That's all. Even though I think Shibata was a better fighter than Hatton.

Regarding the fights, no problem.

Just sit back and enjoy. And whatever you do, don't forget to watch Carrasquilla vs Hong. It's an epic comeback!

Comment

Nigel Benn vs Anthony Logan

Comment

It just dawned on me that I have done something unforgivable – and I must do something before it’s too late to change.

If I am letting the masses be unaware of this destructive performance – probably unmatched throughout the history – I would not only rob you from seeing one piece of invaluable boxing history – a mortal sin that would book me a one way ticket to the eternal fire, it would also make me feel the wrath of the mighty Kalule himself.

To spare myself from the horrific pain and misery that it would cause, I give you this:

If someone still somehow needs an explanation of why this fight qualifies – well, it’s Kalule – greatness personified.

And shame on you Bat for not bringing this fight up in the opening post!

Do you want us all cursed and risking eternal damnation? Maybe you just wanted the thread to live a little longer before making everything else look like crap and being totally unwatchable in comparison to this marvelous performance?

If it’s the latter; smart move, very smart, and I am sure Kalule will show you mercy.

I've never seen it greeh! I look forward to check it out later tonight. And thanks for all these underappreciated midget fights you've posted!

Comment

Nice to see a prime Kalule. At the time of this fight, he was already the best 154 lbs fighter in the World.

I watched the midget fights as well.

Hongs comeback is incredible!

Did anybody think that Avelar was reminiscent of a gnome sized Monzon? Brutal fight.

Comment

The excellent Sahaprom pays the price for setting into a more laid back groove after he knocks Konadu down, letting the momentum slip from his hands. When given the time and space to dictate things on the front foot with his steady stream of quality straight punches, Konadu is a nightmare to fight.
                Amazing that it's only his 4th fight. He is among the best fighters I've ever seen so early.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I've never seen it greeh! I look forward to check it out later tonight. And thanks for all these underappreciated midget fights you've posted!
                  No problems at all, Bat.

Nice to see a prime Kalule. At the time of this fight, he was already the best 154 lbs fighter in the World.
                  Exactly! You are right on the money, Bat.

The WBA treated Kalule like crap before he got to the title. He should have received a shot at the title long before he got it, but the WBA gave advantages to their own little favourites as usual.

To focus on something more fun than a corrupt belt organization, have you seen Kalule's fight against the forgotten Colombian Emiliano Villa?

I watched the midget fights as well.
                  What the fu...MIDGET?! I will give you for friggin' midget!

Hongs comeback is incredible!
                  It's insane! I can literally watch that fight thousands of times and still not get bored.

Did anybody think that Avelar was reminiscent of a gnome sized Monzon? Brutal fight.
                  Do you mean stylistically or physically?

Regarding the fight - it was indeed brutal. Kim was a friggin' buzzsaw, but to stand and trade with Avelar should classify as suicidal behavior. Not even a lunatic would do that, because there is much less painful ways to try to get yourself killed.

If you are in a mood to see more of Avelar, I highly recommend his fight against Wilfredo Vasquez. It's another brutal war, albeit not three rounds or less.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Amazing that it's only his 4th fight. He is among the best fighters I've ever seen so early.
                    As many other Thai's he did the transition from Muay Thai to boxing. I read an interview with him where he said that he had close to 200 professional bouts. He wasn't exactly a novice in other words.

By the way, Benny - Rafael Marquez vs Sahaprom - who do you choose? It's a shame this bout wasn't made. I truly believe that Sahaprom was the best of all the splinter champions at the time and there has still not been a better bantamweight after him in my opinion.

Comment

No problems at all, Bat.

Exactly! You are right on the money, Bat.

The WBA treated Kalule like crap before he got to the title. He should have received a shot at the title long before he got it, but the WBA gave advantages to their own little favourites as usual.
                      Indeed. I think they had Kalule installed as mando for more than 2 years, before he finally got his shot in Japan against the homeboy Kudo.

To focus on something more fun than a corrupt belt organization, have you seen Kalule's fight against the forgotten Colombian Emiliano Villa?
                      Not since back in the day. My recollection of Kalules titlerun, is that he had to work a lot because of lack of punch. He wasn't able to convert his dominance into knockouts. I also happen to think that Kalule was peaking around the time he won the championship.

What the fu...MIDGET?! I will give you for friggin' midget!

You are forcefeeding us these midget fights greeh lol.

Here is a great HW fight. Its got everything you want from a brutal short HW fight. Du Plooy vs Coetzer:

It's insane! I can literally watch that fight thousands of times and still not get bored.

Do you mean stylistically or physically?
                      Kinda both. When watching, I saw the same slowish, heavy and precise punching as well as cat like moves.
                      Regarding the fight - it was indeed brutal. Kim was a friggin' buzzsaw, but to stand and trade with Avelar should classify as suicidal behavior. Not even a lunatic would do that, because there is much less painful ways to try to get yourself killed.

If you are in a mood to see more of Avelar, I highly recommend his fight against Wilfredo Vasquez. It's another brutal war, albeit not three rounds or less.
                      I will check it out later.

Now watch that HW fight I posted!
                      Last edited by TBear; 03-20-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X