Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of championship reign would you rather have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of championship reign would you rather have?

If you were a boxing champion what kind of reign would you rather have, a Joe Louis, Armstrong, Monzon, where you dominate elite competition and rack up impressive streaks of defences, OR would you rather be like a Muhammad Ali in the 70s or Sugar Ray Leonard or Holyfield where you face ATG competition- Im talking hall of famers and have rivals who push you to your limit and have amazing trilogies with- you don't look as invincible but you're legacy is cemented by the incredible quality of your competition.

So what would you rather have?
    Dominating and racking up large num of defences
    45.45%
    Struggling against HOF competition with epic rivalries
    54.55%
    Last edited by kendom; 08-07-2011, 04:10 PM.

Domination. Anyone who says they'd happily partake in the Thrilla in Manilla is a ****** or lying.

Comment

I'd rather BE dominating, but I'd rather SEE Champions face ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
        LOL that about sums it up

Comment

i rather struggle to winn against great fighters than dominate hos

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
            That sounds about right. Although a guy just destroying all comers is fun to watch too.

Comment

Depends on the level of competition at said fighter's weight during his era. If there's a great deal of talent there, defenses are better. If the talent is lackluster, better to go against other greats in nearby divisions.

Comment

Marvin Hagler was BOTH.

He dominated his weight class against all comers and fought the ATGs of his era in Hearns, Duran, and Leonard.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but dominating sounds better to me than struggling. Unless the competition being dominated is a joke. And that wasn't the case with the fighters listed (Monzon, Louis, etc.) But most of all I'd want to make money.

Comment

If it were me, I would get a WBC title without fighting someone ranked. Then I would reel off 20 defenses before fighting a manditory. I would have to give most of my money to the WBC to make it happen but that way people would start threads comparing me to Ray Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                    X