Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind of boxing rivalries do you prefer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of boxing rivalries do you prefer?

In terms of boxing rivalries do you prefer those that are between fighters who have mutual respect for each other- ie Bowe and Holyfield or Lamotta and Robinson, or rivalries where the two fighters despise each other like Morrales-Barrera or Ali-Frazier?

I think I like both to be honest.

The drama lies in those fights where both hate each other. I'm usually more nervous for those because in the end, if one of them loses, I feel bad for the loser.

No matter how much trash someone talks, I always feel bad for the trash-talker when he gets his beat up.

I have no problem with mutual respect as long as both don't pull their punches and give it their all. Case in point: Arturo Gatti and Micky Ward...mutual respect despite the BRUTAL wars they waged.

I have NEVER seen a more consistently punishing fight than Gatti-Ward I. Either this one or Barrera-Morales I (but Barrera Morales hated each other)

Comment

Give me two dudes that hate each other all day

Comment

Mutual respect, earned in combat with one another...

Comment

I Love a Genuine grudge match myself, Benn vs Eubank was the best IMO and they DESPISED each other!

Still u gotta enjoy the respect and class guys like Gatti and Ward show after just beating the living ***** outta each other, i love that scene in the hospital with those two in hospital beds right next to each other lol

Comment

As long as they are very competitive, I like both.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
              In terms of boxing rivalries do you prefer those that are between fighters who have mutual respect for each other- ie Bowe and Holyfield or Lamotta and Robinson, or rivalries where the two fighters despise each other like Morrales-Barrera or Ali-Frazier?
              The Victor Ortiz and Brandon Rios beef might be good. Right now they hate each other and they may fight a few fights against each other, but I think they will make up and be friends again before they retire.

CANT WAIT TILL THEY MEET IN THE RING!!!

Comment

I like them to be competitive, hate involved and a scenario where the supports is split 50/50.

So yeah I like Ali vs Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by redpaperdragon View Post
                  The Victor Ortiz and Brandon Rios beef might be good. Right now they hate each other and they may fight a few fights against each other, but I think they will make up and be friends again before they retire.

CANT WAIT TILL THEY MEET IN THE RING!!!
                  Ortiz will Rip him a new one if they ever fight and i will enjoy watching Rios take a bad beating!

Comment

i like all types of rivalries and i really enjoy it when a fight composed of two boxers with a rivalry turns out to be a non stop war of a fight

Comment

Working...
                    X