No announcement yet.

Buddy McGirt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    That guy can throw three F Bombs into a three word sentence, quite remarkable lol

And while we at it Paul Williams deserves credit for has slick African American style in dropping in a "Kna Mean?" every 3 to 4 seconds
    Knowwudimsayin', dat how the cookie crumble.

Swear that's all I hear whenever the guy talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      Yea...well one can always hope. :|

that he can
      that he can

Comment

He was on tonight.

Comment

I think he was a pretty good fighter but not quite at the great level. He gave some excellent performances against Whitaker in the two fights they had. I suppose he could have had a better career. But it wasn't really meant to be. Matched against some of the better fighters.

I guess thats just my opinion. There may be some experts who feel as though he deserves to be ranked very high on the ATG list. I kind of reason with that in a way.

However, in my opinion he doesn't really live up to the best of the best(cream of the crop!) One more thing. He matched up very nicely against Meldrick Taylor when he was in his prime. It was a very impressive feat considering how world reknowned he was at that particular time...
          Last edited by Mintcar923; 03-23-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

under rated over all. excellent little boxer. If they inducted him I would not object.........Rockin'

Comment

I think Buddy had the skill and talent to be an HOFer and all time great. What he didn't have through the 90's was a good left shoulder. His shoulder was pretty much wrecked at the beginning of that decade.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                I think Buddy had the skill and talent to be an HOFer and all time great. What he didn't have through the 90's was a good left shoulder. His shoulder was pretty much wrecked at the beginning of that decade.
                I also heard that he had shoulder injury in Taylor fight

Comment

Working...
                X