Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree that Aaron Pryor would have defeated Maaywether at 140lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just feel that when fighting someone with the style of Pryor you need strength and power to keep him off you and Mayweather has neither of those things, he doesnt have the offense to hurt Pryor, Pryor would chase him relentlessly and swarm him, cutting the ring off on him not giving him the space to box and manouver and dominating the fight on route to a nice Unanimous decision

Comment

Mayweather via SD

Comment

at 135 or 140, yes, i think pryor beats mayweather on pts
        at 147, no, probably not
        mayweather probably beats him by a wide enough margin to make it clear

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
          I just feel that when fighting someone with the style of Pryor you need strength and power to keep him off you and Mayweather has neither of those things, he doesnt have the offense to hurt Pryor, Pryor would chase him relentlessly and swarm him, cutting the ring off on him not giving him the space to box and manouver and dominating the fight on route to a nice Unanimous decision

he'd be larger and stronger than anybody pryor had fought
          especially at 147.

floyd is a true WW, he's just not a huge framed guy or big puncher

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            at 135 or 140, yes, i think pryor beats mayweather on pts
            at 147, no, probably not
            mayweather probably beats him by a wide enough margin to make it clear
            I'm gonna "Plus 1" on New England's post. I also think that at 147, a difference will start to show. Below that, I'll take Pryor.

Comment

Floyd by decision, doesnt matter the weight. Pryor was too wild and left himself wide open for straight counters. I can see Floyd being upset by Pryor's tenacity, but feel that he could slow Pryor down with potshot right hands and jabs to the belly...and clinches.

whoever said that Pryor was good on the inside was dead wrong. He fought at midrange, and wasnt a true infighter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                Floyd by decision, doesnt matter the weight. Pryor was too wild and left himself wide open for straight counters. I can see Floyd being upset by Pryor's tenacity, but feel that he could slow Pryor down with potshot right hands and jabs to the belly...and clinches.

whoever said that Pryor was good on the inside was dead wrong. He fought at midrange, and wasnt a true infighter at all.
                Arguello culdnt slow Pryor down so how could Mayweather, yes he could be a bit wild but how is Mayweather going to outbox someone who doesnt give him the space to?

Comment

Arguello culdnt slow Pryor down so how could Mayweather, yes he could be a bit wild but how is Mayweather going to outbox someone who doesnt give him the space to?
                  Great feet. Augustus and Hatton didnt give him a lot of space either.

Comment

Pryor was a high pressure swarmer who threw punches from every concievable angle how could he not be good on the inside? I daresay he would be better than Castillo on the inside
                    I never saw him fight much inside. He always needed space to let his hands go.

Comment

I don't think Pryor would win. He never defeated a really great defensive/technical fighter. Nick Furlano was the closest he got to that. But Furlano and Mayweather can't be compared really. Floyd would feint and block his punches and counterpunch him to win a ud. I can see Pryor stunning Floyd, but he didn't have the power to stop him. Floyd has been stunned before and he always came back to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X