No announcement yet.

Eubank/Benn vs Hopkins/Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinalfang View Post
    I was around during this era and saw all the fights on tv. Eubank was a big favourite of mine and he, Benn and Watson were all exceptional British middleweights.

However, in their primes, between the three of them you could say that the only truly great fighter any of them fought was Mike Mcallum who Watson was beaten quite easily by. By that rational though it pains me to say it as a brit and a fan, Hopkins, RJJ and James toney would probably all have beaten Benn and Eubank as they were a class above. Only slightly mind and some fights would be close but looking at the records of the Brits, a lot of the names are sub standard and I'm afraid they were just below the top yanks of the time.
    good, rational, post

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinalfang View Post
      I was around during this era and saw all the fights on tv. Eubank was a big favourite of mine and he, Benn and Watson were all exceptional British middleweights.

However, in their primes, between the three of them you could say that the only truly great fighter any of them fought was Mike Mcallum who Watson was beaten quite easily by. By that rational though it pains me to say it as a brit and a fan, Hopkins, RJJ and James toney would probably all have beaten Benn and Eubank as they were a class above. Only slightly mind and some fights would be close but looking at the records of the Brits, a lot of the names are sub standard and I'm afraid they were just below the top yanks of the time.

I disagree Benn and Eubank are truly great A level fighter just not A+ like Roy Toney and Hopkins

Comment

Working...
      X