Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe vs Dawson at 175 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, Dawson does not have better power than Calzaghe. But Joe would have his hands full with him still. Chad's handspeed, punch output and skill level, along with height and reach, would all be enough to make Joe sweat. I still think Joe had the edge in experience and ring iq. Very hard to predict who would win, it could go either way, but I think Joe could adjust to Chad's style like he did withevery other opponent and figure him out. Joe C by close UD.

Comment

Thats a bad weight for joe but he would probably box that hype job's ears off for a UD

Comment

I think Dawson wins 8 out of the 1st 10 rds and seems in control, but something happens in the late rds ( cut, flash knock down, low blow) that requires testicular fortitude to get through. I think Chad wilts under the pressure and quits on his stool between 11 and 12. Crazy??????

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
          Thats a bad weight for joe but he would probably box that hype job's ears off for a UD
          Considering Calzaghe never "boxed the ears off" any fighter with a pulse you have no case that he'd do so with Dawson.

PS. Euro-peon minor-leaguers and washed up former champs are NOT fighters with pulses.

Poet

Comment

This fight would never even happen. Unless Dawson turned 40+ then Joe might do it.

Old Roy & Old B-Hop put Calazaghe on his ass. He has no power whatsoever to make Dawson respect him. Dawson would do what a young B-Hop & young Roy Jones would have done to Calzaghe, Expose his ass and win a decision. Maybe even stop him.

Joe is a good fighter but not great. Like I said in another thread today, when you have 2 people with 20+ title defenses in the same weight class at the same time then you know their are some vagina & ducking issues. Joe was scared *****less of Glenn Johnson who would have knocked him out cold.

Comment

Love him or hate him but Calslappy would of out boxed Dawson pretty easily ....saying otherwise is obvious haterhate .
              Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 04-29-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Calzaghe deals with Dawson to take a UD points win ..he would boxing rings around him with swarms of slaps

Comment

Originally posted by garryd View Post
                  Calzaghe deals with Dawson to take a UD points win ..he would boxing rings around him with swarms of slaps
                  Maybe so ,but he still would of won tho

Comment

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Joe ever fought a fellow southpaw so i'd slightly favour Dawson in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
                      Athletic Attributes:
                      Power: Dawson
                      Hand speed: Equal
                      Reach: Dawson

Technical Attributes:
                      Defense: Dawson
                      Offense: ?
                      Combination punching: Dawson
                      Jab: Dawson
                      Footwork: Dawson

Other:
                      Workrate: Calzaghe
                      Intangibles: Equal
                      Boxing IQ: Calzaghe

Weight:
                      175 lbs (fight takes place after Jones-Calzaghe)

Blueprint fight:
                      Dawson vs Johnson I
                      Dawson never thought anyone like Calzaghe, but Johnson was solid defensively and kept pressuring Dawson like Calzaghe would
                      Thoughts?

calzaghe fought in a more offensive manner, but he was ceratainly not easy to hit. dawson's defense relies heavily on longer range and backing up. that doesnt impress me as heavily as does calzaghe, who is difficult to hit while being aggressive and in range (with his hands down)

if dawson does get forced into a fight he's been relatively open defensively, and gets tagged and effected
                      joe would fight back harder when hurt. he managed to remain undefeated, so i'm going with him easily on the intangibles. calzaghe remained one of the most confident fighters i've seen throughout his entire career.

i'll say that i think calaghe threw more effective combinations. there were more of them, they came from everywhere
                      dawson makes a man miss, but doesnt make him pay
                      joe made em pay with combinations

Comment

Working...
                      X