No announcement yet.

Is Oscar De la Hoya a top 20 ATG WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    sorry to dig this one up Carlos but your pathetic agenda is so transparent its embarrassing, you've claimed Oscar to be a top 10 WW with no list. Its funny you've criticised my list and made wild accusations about me but have failed to say anything of substance, who on my list shouldn't be there? What is wrong with my list? And I'd like to see your top 10 WW list or you are full of ****.......

I'll wait...
    I do think he's a top 10 but I can not make a list to justify that, as I do not have the knowledge. To me, he is a top 10 but I can not say that with any certainty, as you have with your pilfered list...

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      I do think he's a top 10 but I can not make a list to justify that, as I do not have the knowledge. To me, he is a top 10 but I can not say that with any certainty, as you have with your pilfered list...
      How is it a piffered list? Whats wrong with my list? I've actually posted the top 10 to that list twice before. The basis for you having him in the top 10 is that you really like him, your just an ignorant fool and you made a claim with nothing to back it up, yet you criticise my list....I knew you were full of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Where do you rank Oscar at WW, GJC?

You have some of the better lists I have seen per weight class on this website.
        I'll have to have a play with a list but I doubt he wouldn't figure any higher than the low teens more likely 25 to 30.
        Thing to look at was in his era roughly was he the best welter, better than Trinidad and Mosley etc? Even if you say yes its not going to be by a big margin and they don't register on Ruben's list either. Throw in Benetiz, Duran etc and to not even crack the top 30 is no big shame. Thinking h2h I look at fighters like Carlos Palomino who most won't even think about but who I think h2h would give DLH a world of trouble. Ruben's list has a few names on it i'd probably lose or juggle with but as a bench mark it just shows that you are not a DLH hater (and he does get a lot of unwarranted stick) not to have him even top 30 at welter.

Comment

How is it a piffered list? Whats wrong with my list? I've actually posted the top 10 to that list twice before. The basis for you having him in the top 10 is that you really like him, your just an ignorant fool and you made a claim with nothing to back it up, yet you criticise my list....I knew you were full of ****.
          I am an ignorant fool yet you have posted a list with such certainty although you know very little of many fighters and zilch of others. You are in no position to make a list, and neither am I, yet the difference between you and I (The "fool") is that I realize that I do not have the capacity to make a list.

Pipe down, son. You are getting too upset over nothing.

Comment

I am an ignorant fool yet you have posted a list with such certainty although you know very little of many fighters and zilch of others. You are in no position to make a list, and neither am I, yet the difference between you and I (The "fool") is that I realize that I do not have the capacity to make a list.

Pipe down, son. You are getting too upset over nothing.
            @ you trying to salvage some credibility. The thing is there wasn't certainty, I'm not mad at anyone with him in the top 20, I just said I wouldn't do it myself. In an attempt to expose me, you asked for a list because I had made a claim on Oscars ranking, and I thought okay and provided a list, you criticized my list without any decent argument. I dug up a quote of your making a claim on Oscars ranking and you failed to provide a list and justify your ranking.

A summarized series of events, for all to see in this thread

Comment

I would have liked to have seen him fight Vernon Forrest. I think Forrest could have beat DLH, he was an incredible talent.
              You said it there! How I never thought of that matchup I don't know. Gr8 matchup! Very tough fight for Oscar, he'd have to box and move a lot. But I think he could pull it off, unless he got hit with too many big shots from Vernon.
              Last edited by Pastrano; 04-22-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I agree wit top 20...he could have been greater if he'd gotten the much deserved nod against Shane, Tito, and if he'd beaten B-hop. He was a hell of a fighter, *******s will disagree because they didn't watch boxing in the 90's, Oscar is a legend! This B.S about him losing "all his big fights" is ******!

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  I agree wit top 20...he could have been greater if he'd gotten the much deserved nod against Shane, Tito, and if he'd beaten B-hop. He was a hell of a fighter, *******s will disagree because they didn't watch boxing in the 90's, Oscar is a legend! This B.S about him losing "all his big fights" is ******!
                  Shane and B-hop fights weren't at welterweight, so it wouldn't change anything.

Comment

Shane and B-hop fights weren't at welterweight, so it wouldn't change anything.
                    The first Shane fight was, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                      @ this post.

Is that a shot at me?

I'm assuming you mean the 2nd Mosley fight right? If so, that fight was at 154 how would that affect his 147 ranking? Because, the first fight with Mosley was at 147 and there is no way in hell Oscar deserved the nod in that fight.

And, another LOL @ "if he'd beaten B-hop". Well damn, if Oba Carr had beaten Tito, Oscar, and Quartey he would have been a HOF'er. If my Aunt had a dick she would be my uncle. I mean what is this about?

Really? "IF" he won?

Comment

Working...
                      X