No announcement yet.

Dempsey Pictures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RFPROBOX View Post
    I don't have good clear pictures. It's a shame because Dempsey was the greatest heavyweight who ever lived bar none.
    Based on what?

Comment

Maybe not the best ever but clearly in that elite group you could make a legit argument for.

Comment

Originally posted by kmcc505 View Post
        Maybe not the best ever but clearly in that elite group you could make a legit argument for.
        In terms of resume? He doesn't have a legit argument for GOAT heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          In terms of resume? He doesn't have a legit argument for GOAT heavy.
          nah probly in terms of head to head.

not a heavy weight lived that Dempsey didnt have a chance at beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
            nah probly in terms of head to head.

not a heavy weight lived that Dempsey didnt have a chance at beating.
            Well yeah one great pretty much always has a chance against another, that doesn't warrant the title of GOAT heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              Well yeah one great pretty much always has a chance against another, that doesn't warrant the title of GOAT heavy.
              Not really, some greats are definitely better then other greats.

they might always have a punchers chance but thats not really a chance...thats more of a hope.

Id say dempseys chance is a bit more then just a punchers chance vs greats and goats alike and that more then just a hope to win is what gives any the right to argue dempsey as goat heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by RFPROBOX View Post
                Nice tribute to Quarry. I knew him personally and he'll always be my personal favorite. He always took the time to advise me on my career when I asked. He gets so overlooked today. He would be a top fighter in any era. It's kind of like basketball. If the bounced this way instead of the other way Quarry could have been champ. Foreman shamelessly ducked Quarry and for good reason.
                You must have started young if you're 21 as Quarry unfortunately wasn't in too great condition from your 5th birthday to give much advice

Comment

Working...
                X