How Ancient is Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Ancient is Boxing?

1 Corinthians 9:26-27
    Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly, or box like one who beats the air. Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

since 3000 b.c.

Comment

It goes way back to the biblical days. The Greeks and Romans made it so brutal that they would wrap their hands in heavily linen and dip their hands in thick sap, then they will roll their sap drench linen in shards of glass or they would wrap their hands with leather strap with metal studs in them and they would fight to the death.

Comment

Originally posted by GF of Boxing View Post
        It goes way back to the biblical days. The Greeks and Romans made it so brutal that they would wrap their hands in heavily linen and dip their hands in thick sap, then they will roll their sap drench linen in shards of glass or they would wrap their hands with leather strap with metal studs in them and they would fight to the death.
        Good Lord, lol sounds like maybe Marg and Resto did their homework, and applied the ancient technics!! lmbo

Comment

Working...
        X