Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was your first favorite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinny Paz for me. Made a real exciting fight.

Comment

Iron Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        for me it was ali. I started reading about him when i was a kid. Then i started watching vhs and reading boxing magazines. His skills and persona fascinated me and i was hooked on boxing after that.
        ali made 4 the best viewing and always gets me out of myseat even though im watching fights of his from 30 years ago lol

Comment

Mike Tyson.

Comment

Tyson was the one that got me watching boxing, but I didn't like him at the time. I thought he was a loathsome brute, lol. Later it changed, but I still cheered for Holyfield when they had those fights. Now I don't anymore, but I like both the same. And I also liked Bowe a lot, it was just something about a big strong guy that could box and move well in addition to punching power.

Comment

Alexis Arguello and Antonio Cervantes

Comment

john H stracey

Comment

When I was a little kid my dad made sure I watched boxing and I got to see a lot of great fights between a lot of great fighters, hell I saw virtually every fight that was on tv watching them with him. I enjoyed watching all kids of fighters and considered myself fans of all of them. The list is comprised of Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Shannon Briggs, Ray Mercer, Vinny Pazienza, Tommy Morrison, Michael Moore, Lennox Lewis, Julio Caesar Chavez, Hector Camacho, Prince Naseem Hamed, Roy Jones Jr., Pernell Whitaker, Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, Fernando Vargas.....

These fighters entertained me through the 90's, but it was in 2000 that I found my favorite fighter, Sugar Shane Mosley. He was the first person that I really became a true fan of. Maybe it had something to do with him being my generations "Sugar", and maybe it had to do with him being a real likable guy, or maybe it had to do with his style, I don't know what it was exactly. All I know is that when I first saw him in his fight with Jesse James Leija I was impressed with him, and when he fought Oscar the first time I was fully cemented as a Shane Mosley fan for life. I only wish that he were younger right now going into this Pacquiao fight. I think a younger Shane Mosley would have a great chance of beating Manny.

Comment

Erik Morales

Comment

I was the 80's kid. "Kid Dynamite" Mike Tyson

Comment

Working...
                      X