No announcement yet.

Tua vs. The Greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    btw tua beat all the top contenders he fought except for byrd.

the only reason he didn't win a belt is because he only got 1 title shot and it was against lennox lewis.

3 guys tua ktfo ended up winning belts afterwards.
    Tua got his ass kicked by Ike Ibeabuchi.

Comment

12-round Fights , Prime for Prime

David Tua vs. Jack Johnson - Johnson by UD

David Tua vs. Mike Tyson - Tyson by KO

David Tua vs. George Foreman - Foreman by TKO

David Tua vs. Larry Holmes - Holmes by UD

David Tua vs. Muhammad Ali - Ali by UD

David Tua vs. Sonny Liston - Liston by UD

David Tua vs. Evander Holyfield - Holyfield by UD

David Tua vs. Riddick Bowe - Bowe by KO

David Tua vs. Joe Louis - Joe Louis by KO

David Tua vs. Joe Frazier - Joe Frazier by UD

David Tua vs. Lennox Lewis - Lewis by SD

David Tua vs. Rocky Marciano - Marciano by UD

David Tua vs. Floyd Patterson - Patterson by UD

David Tua vs. Vitali Klitschko - Klitschko by UD

David Tua vs. Wladimir Klitschko - Wlad by UD

0-15

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Tua got his ass kicked by Ike Ibeabuchi.
        yeah that's why ike was the one that got rocked. because ike was kicking his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          really? EVERYONE?

hmmm......

with a 30 lb. size advantage over rocky?

he can't ko floyd patterson who didn't have the best chin?

wlad is a for sure loss? tua can't take as much punishment as brewster? tua can't punch as hard as puritty?

of course rahman would say that. 1 - he doesn't like tua. remember the rahman-tua fight controversies? 2 - corrie had faster hands and was a southpaw. he didn't see those punches coming as good as he saw tua's. plus corrie was a hell of a puncher himself.

I don't think size is that important in boxing. I can think of lots of small and mid size heavyweights who hit hard and can take a punch. And lots of big heavyweights that don't hit that hard or take that good of punch. Tua was good, but I never saw anything in him that made me think he could beat some of the best fighters ever. Guys like Patterson and Marciano had loads of skill on Tua which would help them beat him I think.

If it's true what Rahman said post fight then even his best attribute does not stack up very high all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            I don't think Tua is nearly as good as you think he is. I think he would lose to everyone on your list. Good power puncher I will give him that, Rahman said Sanders hit harder though.
            Funny Rachman would say that when he was brutally KTFO by Lennox and was stopped by Maskaev twice. He only said that because he beat Sanders IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
              Funny Rachman would say that when he was brutally KTFO by Lennox and was stopped by Maskaev twice. He only said that because he beat Sanders IMO.
              He said Sanders hit harder post fight, Lennox he fought later on. Sanders did a lot of damage in a short fight. If Rahman had not of stopped Sanders, Rahman would have likely been knocked out like Tua, Maskaev, and Lennox did.

Comment

Tua is out of league against the all time great technical boxers but i think the prime, in shape, consistent combination punching version of Tua makes even fights with Patterson, Marciano, Louis and maybe even Bowe (who loved to get into shootouts). I think people forget how dangerous he was when he was in shape in his earlier days.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
                  He said Sanders hit harder post fight, Lennox he fought later on. Sanders did a lot of damage in a short fight. If Rahman had not of stopped Sanders, Rahman would have likely been knocked out like Tua, Maskaev, and Lennox did.
                  Yeah but Maskaev sent him flying out of the ring even before that, thats why i think he was just being modest.
                  Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 02-25-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                    Yeah but Maskaev sent him flying out of the ring even before that, thats why i think he was just being modest.
                    Yeah, he may not have been telling the truth about Sanders power. Just a small peice of evidence. There may be evidence that Maskaev or Tua hit harder. I don't really think the fact that they knocked out Rahman is concrete evidence though. They had him in the later rounds and may have had him lined up better for power shots.

Comment

Anything a fighter says in the immediate aftermath of a fight can be safely disregarded: They're in a flush of emotion and aren't thinking. They say things that feel good too them on an emotional level but are total BS on an intellectual level. The guy who just kicked their azz is ALWAYS the "best boxer/hardest puncher/toughest chin/smartest fighter" they ever fought. It's like clockwork.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X