No announcement yet.

Marciano's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marciano's record

I posted this same thread on NSB and I was suggested to put my question here, seems to be more appropriate.

Ok guys I'm not in any way an erudite on older history of boxing and I have a question for you guys.

So I was talking to someone about fighters who retired undefeated and Marciano of course had to be a logical topic. However he told me that Marciano had one loss and I aknowledge Marcianos amateur loss to Coley and I was told his record was fixed by Fleischer so I assumed he was talking about Nat Fleischer. Again I'm not very knowledgable on the subject so I was wondering how much of that is true.

Originally posted by El Más Mejor View Post
    I posted this same thread on NSB and I was suggested to put my question here, seems to be more appropriate.

Ok guys I'm not in any way an erudite on older history of boxing and I have a question for you guys.

So I was talking to someone about fighters who retired undefeated and Marciano of course had to be a logical topic. However he told me that Marciano had one loss and I aknowledge Marcianos amateur loss to Coley and I was told his record was fixed by Fleischer so I assumed he was talking about Nat Fleischer. Again I'm not very knowledgable on the subject so I was wondering how much of that is true.
    These sorts of rumours go hand-in-hand with undefeated fighters. There's never been anything conclusive I've ever seen to contradict Marciano's perfect 49-0-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
      These sorts of rumours go hand-in-hand with undefeated fighters. There's never been anything conclusive I've ever seen to contradict Marciano's perfect 49-0-0.
      Only thing I've heard is him losing under another name, rocky mack or something like that.

Comment

Working...
      X