No announcement yet.

Mark Breland vs Floyd Mayweather Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Breland vs Floyd Mayweather Jr

@ 147lb. How does a focused peak Breland match up with Floyd @ 147lb?
    Mayweather Jr Via Decision
    33.33%
    Mayweather Jr Via KO/TKO
    22.22%
    Breland Via Decision
    33.33%
    Breland Via KO/TKO
    11.11%

Brealnd is a bad style match up for Floyd. His height, reach, and jab I feel could really give Mayweather Jr problems in this one.

Comment

Good fight. Tough close fought fight Floyd should win tho

Comment

Breland had problems with Starling, a great defensive fighter like Floyd. But I think Starling was naturally stronger, never fighting below 147. So I think Breland would have a good chance to beat and even stop Floyd. But its hard to predict, either an impressive Floyd win a'la Corrales (but probably not the same way) or a Breland late stoppage.

Comment

I would give Breland a good chance here. Mayweather is not strong enough or punch hard enough to give Breland much problems. Bad style for Mayweather to face. He needs more Baldomir type matchups.

Comment

Breland = great amateur but so so pro, floyd by UD

Comment

Breland is a difficult matchup for Floyd, but I think he still finds a way to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                Breland had problems with Starling, a great defensive fighter like Floyd. But I think Starling was naturally stronger, never fighting below 147. So I think Breland would have a good chance to beat and even stop Floyd. But its hard to predict, either an impressive Floyd win a'la Corrales (but probably not the same way) or a Breland late stoppage.
                Yeah, but Starling was way too different from Floyd to warrant any comparison.

Very difficult fight for Floyd. To be honest, I'm not sure he could win it. Well, of course he could, but I don't think this fight is anything close to a lock for Floyd. The one style that would always trouble Floyd is a guy with excellent boxing boxing skill, fast etc but especially who is tall with an amazing jab. Breland fought tall and at over six foot with that jab of his it really may have been too much for Floyd to be able to outpoint. It's not in him to do what Starling was able to. That's just not part of Floyd's game.

It might have taken him too long to adjust while losing early rounds to get back up to win. Fascinating fight. It's the one huge pity about this era of boxing. This is very little diversity overall in comparison to many others eras of boxing. We have a few great fighters, but they are few and far between and seem to be a big step above the rest. In most other eras it's never been like that. There has been too much talent, too diverse a range of great fighters and styles etc.

Comment

True, the boxers Breland lost to were all widely different than Floyd. Especially Davis and Vaca. Thats why I think Breland would be favored to win. Too tall and too skilled. He'd pump that jab and bomb Floyd from above.

Comment

Id favour Breland too win a decision,he is a terrible style match-up for floyd and fundamentally a very sound boxer with height and a great jab.Mayweather has a chance but i think he thrives against more offensively minded fighters that give openings too counter,its a super tough one for him

Comment

Working...
                    X